Independent pirate film to air

Scupper

An independent film by a local writer, director, actor done guerilla style will air OCT 30th at 1130 pm on the local state channel CPTV. The film is called

Kidd's Gold - The legend of Belltown. captain Kidd, Evil tiny, Blade, Curly and myself star in the first 15 minutes as pirates burying our treasue n a secret chamber. It is discovered later by 4 intrepid college types who must face the spirit of old Capt Kidd to win the booty.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Sounds great :huh: I hope to be able to see it on the west coast., Wa State.

HarborMaster

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I hope to have a copy soon. Since the writer, director, producer and actor is one of my best freinds.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

There otta be a way ta market this movin' pitcher in the Pub.

If we had the right info, we could lobby our local cable access and /or public TV outlets.

Maybe even market it to yer fellow Pirates.

Whatta ya think?

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

Sounds good. So how do we go about it mate?

Scupper

As Oscar Wilde put it--There is one thing worse than being talked about; that is NOT being talked about. We want this movie talked about. I am assuming the CPTV showing is by some legal or contractural arrangement--Meaning they got first dibs on the first broadcast.

Who holds the copyright, and is there any financial lien on the movie?

If CPTV has first broadcast rights, we cannot do anything until after it is shown.

Either way, it is a matter of getting a buzz started. Has this filmmaker made any plans to enter "Kidd's Gold "in any local film festivals or contests? What about showing it at RenFaires and/or Pirate festivals?

I think we could work up a distribution network among the very Piraty types associated with this Pub.

BTW

If I could get a few specifics on this film, I might be able to pick the brains of a couple of small-time indy film makers I know.

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!