Disney has taken the hint....

Iron Bess

Drink up me hearties Yo Ho...

Disneyland is in the process of auditioning Jack Sparrows for the park. A swaggering Jack to chase and pose with the guests. B)

Yes, yes it's trues mate, Disney has (in some, tiny measure) seen the error of it's ways and trying to catch up.

Also. really ugly Jack hats are now on sale (velvet felt with bendable wire) and they can't keep them on the shelves. Some even have attached dreadlocks. B)

I'm keep you updated ont he search and hiring of a Jack.

Don't you love it when we are right?? :lol:

B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I should let Toby know about this. That would make him move to California in a heartbeat. To always dress as Jack and get paid for it too! lol! He practically lives as Jack now! And oh, goodness, if they get a Barbossa too I'll be at Disneyland practically everyday! Hmmm....me thinks it's time to renew my Disney annual passport-lol! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Iron Bess, Love.

Are they going to have Jacks at Disney World as well as Disneyland?

Also, they need a Captain Jack Sparrow on a ship. I know...how about the MAGIC?! (This is for purely selfish reasons) :lol:

Maybe I can talk me mate into going to Disneyland in December after the castle is unveiled for the 50th anniversary.

B)

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

As far as I know, they already have 4 or 5 people that they are already auditioning.... (shrug) I have no idea if they are looking for anyone else.

As for Barbossa.... I'll have to check and see when I get back from vacation.

Will they have someone out at Disneyworld... don;t know since I have enough trouble on THIS coast but knowing them I'd say it's a safe bet. What one does, the other follows suit if there is money to be made.

:lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

A swaggering Jack to chase and pose with the guests. B)

Ok, now I REALLY have to go to Disneyland!!! :) Jack can chase me around anytime he wants to. B)

Also. really ugly Jack hats are now on sale (velvet felt with bendable wire) and they can't keep them on the shelves. Some even have attached dreadlocks.  :lol:

Do you have a picture of them?

But if they have a Jack Wont they need a Barbossa as well? you cant have one without the other... tongue.gif

HA HA HA!! That would be so cool to have Jack and Barbossa dueling around the park, renacting the sword fight scene.

davyjones.gif

**Wakes up from a Nighttime Nyqil and X-tra strength Sudafed haze**

AACHOOO!! B) I hope I didn't give anybody a computer virus after that sneeze B)

:lol:

That be great news Bess! I'm sure that will be extemely popular!

Let's hope for a Barbossa too! They could swash all kinds of buckles between the two of them. :)

I would make one small recommendation to the future Jack Sparrow of the Park.... Iron underwear. I'm sure he we be manhandled..er umm WOMANhandled on a regular basis. He might wind up with an overly pinched bottom if he doesn't keep a weather eye out fer roving hands. B)

M. Bloodheart

**goes back for more Sudafed**

I should let Toby know about this. That would make him move to California in a heartbeat. To always dress as Jack and get paid for it too! lol! He practically lives as Jack now! And oh, goodness, if they get a Barbossa too I'll be at Disneyland practically everyday! Hmmm....me thinks it's time to renew my Disney annual passport-lol! :lol:

Hello ! Yes yes you should. He just posted on the POTCcostuming board that he has an agreement with a Toy Faire for an appearance as Jack!! So grand when hobbies start making you some bob!!!

Happily,

**I would make one small recommendation to the future Jack Sparrow of the Park.... Iron underwear. I'm sure he we be manhandled..er umm WOMANhandled on a regular basis. He might wind up with an overly pinched bottom if he doesn't keep a weather eye out fer roving hands. :lol:

M. Bloodheart

**goes back for more Sudafed**

That's enough, Captain Morgana Bloodheart. Do ye want Mikey to pull the plug before it's even gotten started? Do ye not remember what happened to Tigger and his man handling? Mark my words, Mikey will pull the pirates if we women have too much fun. Oh..Did I go too far? :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

One of the Rodger Rabbits got really frisky with me one time. He'd follow me around Toon Town, hang on me and such. It was pretty nutty! lol!

I'm sure the Jacks will be just fine. The costumed characters at Universal do just fine so this will be just fine as well. No worries. :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

maudelynn Posted on Aug 21 2004, 06:32 PM

Oh my,

Tigger and what? I have not forgotten for I never knew. Please enlighten me, this sounds like a good dark comedy plot idea.....

Teen testifies Disney worker in Tigger suit fondled her

MIKE SCHNEIDER

Associated Press

ORLANDO - A 13-year-old girl testified Monday that a Walt Disney World character worker dressed as Tigger fondled her breast while she posed for a photo with him and her mother at the Magic Kingdom.

"I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to say," the girl said during the first day of the Disney worker's three-day trial on battery and lewd and lascivious molestation charges.

Earlier on Monday, the worker, Michael Chartrand, 36, rejected a plea deal that would have spared him prison time if convicted.

Prosecutor William Jay offered Chartrand one year of probation and 50 hours of community service if he accepted the plea agreement for misdemeanor battery. Under the terms, Chartrand also would have been banned from theme parks and required to undergo a psycho-sexual evaluation.

"The fact is this: By accepting it, my client says he did it. He didn't do it," said Jeffrey Kaufman, Chartrand's attorney. "We're going to fight it."

Chartrand could face up to 15 years in prison if convicted.

Chartrand, suspended without pay, was accused of touching the girl's breast while he posed for a picture with her and her mother last February at Mickey's Toon Town in the Magic Kingdom. After his arrest in April, other women filed complaints alleging similar conduct.

The Tigger costume will be shown to jurors today, and they will be allowed to try it on in the jury room during deliberations.

Kaufman, who also works part time as a costumed character at Disney, said he expected jurors to handle the Tigger costume so they can see how difficult it would be to grope somebody from inside the bulky outfit.

Florida

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

I love Disneyland, and my absolute favorite ride was ALWAYS Pirates of the Caribbean. If they have a Jack Sparrow, then its going to definitley bring alot of added attraction to that ride!

Thanks for telling us, Bess!

OH MY DEAR GOD!!

I practically live at Disneyland though I can't really afford it all that well. I know the place like the back of my hand because I go at least three times a year with my best buddies!

This is wonderful news indeed! I certainly hope that the Jacks they hire will be good ones... and I MUST see this Jack hat. I know I'll be seeing more of those on cheap Jack cosplayers. :( I'll get one for myself, if only so that I own every damn thing PotC.

Captain Wolfy Wench

By the way... Tigger was aquited and was reinstated at the park as another character.

Oh, and at an employee Christams party one year out at the Park, I was heiny-pinched by Donald.

Runs in the family and I guess it makes a huge difference if you know your dealing with other employees. :lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Barbossa's brows furrow and his mouth downturns to a scowl. He is sick to the eye teeth of hearing 'Jack Sparrow this' and 'Jack Sparrow that', not to mention feeling more than a little impatient at hearing all the fangirl squeeling for the khol-eyed rapscallion with the constant swish and sway of the Sea in his walk

Whom does a gent contact, Iron Bess, in order to demand equal PR time for we the cursed pirates, Hmm? Seems to me that me own infamy if if not merely the very fear of me name should be enough to inspire those bloody dullards at Disney that ye work for to get with the program!

Barbossa saunters off in search of quill and parchment for this task.

Tell me, Mate, are ye a superstious person? Well, ye'd best think about being just a little bit superstious, and appeal to your God or even to the Devil Himself, because here aboard my ship, ye'll get no mercy!

awww *huggles Barbossa* Ye be a most fierce pirate indeed..And a handsome one..But the swish and sway of the sea as ye call it seems to mesmerize me... :lol::lol::lol:

But I love yer hat...And yer voice..hmm Can I have an apple now???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Barbossa's brows furrow and his mouth downturns to a scowl. He is sick to the eye teeth of hearing 'Jack Sparrow this' and 'Jack Sparrow that', not to mention feeling more than a little impatient at hearing all the fangirl squeeling for the khol-eyed rapscallion with the constant swish and sway of the Sea in his walk

Whom does a gent contact, Iron Bess, in order to demand equal PR time for we the cursed pirates, Hmm? Seems to me that me own infamy if if not merely the very fear of me name should be enough to inspire those bloody dullards at Disney that ye work for to get with the program!

Barbossa saunters off in search of quill and parchment for this task.

I'm on vacation at the moment.

When I get back to the Studio I'll find you a name and address :lol:

I agree... equal time!! :lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Hmmmm....Barbarous, me thinks you should apply and be Barbossa in the park. There are some of us who would love to see Barbossa run around as well. I for one am one of those peeps. :) As I said, I'd be running up to Disneyland a lot more often. It's only 88 miles from where I live-lol!

But I agree, there needs to be something for everyone, Jacks, Wils, Elizabeth Swanns and...the wonderful Barbossa. :lol: Ah, yes indeed!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Hmmmm....Barbarous, me thinks you should apply and be Barbossa in the park. There are some of us who would love to see Barbossa run around as well. I for one am one of those peeps. :) As I said, I'd be running up to Disneyland a lot more often. It's only 88 miles from where I live-lol!

But I agree, there needs to be something for everyone, Jacks, Wils, Elizabeth Swanns and...the wonderful Barbossa. :P Ah, yes indeed!

I don't believe I have ever seen a "villian" running around the park, mingling with guests. I do remember some fantastic shows including the villians. Namely, the grand finally at Disney/MGM in Orlando.

I think it would be more likely to have a Barbossa in the finally off New Orleans Square than mingling with Guests. Since they use the Columbia in the Grand Finally, this would be an excellent opportunity to provide a sword fight between Jack and Barbossa. Don't know how that would play into the story lines for the next two POTC movies. Just some rambling thoughts here.

~Black Hearted Pearl

Sure there has! I've seen Captain Hook walk around with Smee. Also saw this character from the cartoon "Tail Spin" named Don Carnage, some villian. I've also seen Jafar walking around too. The villians do mingle as well. :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Ahhhh... Don Carnage! A sly fox he was! :P

Aye, Hook & Smee... I was gonna say, I think I've heard let alone seen them on TV during parades, etc.

:::Hands Barbarous a couple quill pens, inkwell & parchment paper:: I've plenty where that came from, Barbarous. For real.

All you have to do is choose the color of ink: black, blood red, or Inca gold.

:P

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!