International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Cap'n Slappy

:lol::lol::D:D:lol::lol::D:lol:

Ahoy Me Buckos and Buckettes! ;)

International Talk Like a Pirate Day is just around the corner and already our official website - talklikeapirate.com - has taken over a million and a half hits this month! If ye have a party or event scheduled for International Talk Like a Pirate Day weekend (Sept. 17-19) drop our web wench, Jezebel, a line and let her know! She will post it and hopefully ye can recruit folks in yer area to come and share the luv!

And be nice to Jezebel - or she may have to pummel ye with her fists and forehead. Aye, she's a delicate flower.

Drink up me hearties! Yo Ho! :D:lol::lol:

Cap'n Slappy

Hey Capt'n Slappy,

I noticed on yer website that ye called "Pyracy Pub" people who take pirating a "little too seriously." Now yer here promotin yer stuff and wantin our participation?

Ye know, one small stone can make ripples across an ocean.

It be my correctin the commodore of me local Az Yacht Club (yep, we have yacht club in the middle of the desert) that Talk-like-a-Pirate not be 19, August as he was stating, but the correct date of 19, September. In refering him to yer site, I spied yer small stone. Sure hope you don't have a glass ship.

P1010009-619x459.jpg

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I do wish we had a bit more pirates of the fun kind here in Puget Sound. We have a lovely harbour and The Lady Washington has often laid anchor here. I may be over looking some events and would be most happily content in knowing of any here in Seattle that may be unknown to me.

BlackHeartedPearl,

I adore your glass ship. I used to collect such things but having 2 pups at once made it a moot venture!

Watching the Sound as a storm rolls in

Thanks and I have ye beat out. I have three not so small boys (ages 10, 9, and 7). Me mate thought it was a good "went to London and this is what I brought ye back" present. I think he was at sea too long. :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I be dressing up for work again. I might have a barnes and Noble onboard to let us walk about and be piratical.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

I noticed on yer website that ye called "Pyracy Pub" people who take pirating a "little too seriously."  Now yer here promotin yer stuff and wantin our participation?

Ye know, one small stone can make ripples across an ocean.

We have nothin' but love for Pyracy Pub! Honest! We were pokin' a bit o' fun - more at ourselves than anyone else.

We're giddy, silly guys - and we are, as always, sorry if our ripples cause offense.

[We have nothin' but love for Pyracy Pub! Honest! We were pokin' a bit o' fun - more at ourselves than anyone else.

We're giddy, silly guys - and we are, as always, sorry if our ripples cause offense.

It's time for ye to walk the plank. But first, ye must be whipped with me cat'o'nine tails and then keel-hauled. Then I will forgive ye for barking like a salty dog that ye are. :(

~Black Hearted Pearl

maudelynn Posted on Aug 21 2004, 03:08 PM

I do wish we had a bit more pirates of the fun kind here in Puget Sound. We have a lovely harbour and The Lady Washington has often laid anchor here. I may be over looking some events and would be most happily content in knowing of any here in Seattle that may be unknown to me.

get ahold of pirates of the coast....they are in seattle....nice guys too.

actually part in fl, part in seattle. but that will get you started

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

It's time for ye to walk the plank. But first, ye must be whipped with me cat'o'nine tails and then keel-hauled. Then I will forgive ye for barking like a salty dog that ye are. :(

A bit o' discipline is good for the soul - but before I walk, I just want ye to check it out one more time. It says (and this is the REAL quote) "People who (unlike us) take their piracy seriously."

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/links.html#serious

We cast no aspersions on this fine site or any o' the inhabitants thereof. The only aspersions cast are on ourselves (and we think we look FABULOUS in them).

Now, if ye have a moment, I would like to take some time to write down some crimes for which I really OUGHT to be punished. ;)

Or, we could skip all that and just get nice and blisterin' drunk. :(

So stop bein' such a sassypants and sit on me knee whilst I regail ye with me seven (or eight) deadliest sins.

Cap'n Slappy

;)

Ol' Chumbucket and meself just spent a week with the Seafair Pirates in Seattle and we rode "The Moby Duck" in the Torchlight parade there.

Now, they be a salt crew o' rascals if ever there were! :(

Cap'n Slappy

Ol' Chumbucket and meself just spent a week with the Seafair Pirates in Seattle and we rode "The Moby Duck" in the Torchlight parade there.

Now, they be a salt crew o' rascals if ever there were! :(

Cap'n Slappy

Indeed they are! I love to see them going over the west seattle freeway in their 'motor boat'! One of the scallywags happens to live down the street and his land boat has the license plate moniker "pirate"

Aye de Seafair Pirates be a private organization. To participate in costume wit dem, ye have ter be a member. Me knows dis cause me was one oncst. Last me 'eard, dey donna allow women inna dey club. Dey women ye sees onna de Duck be wives or ladyfriends or invited guests voted on by dey membership. Talk ter Captn' Hurricane about dey pirates o de Coast. Some o dey crewe be ported in Orlando now.Me not sure what dey west coast be doin now.

Animal

:lol:

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Now Pearl, I has t'come t'the defense o'me friend Cap'n Slappy. He weren't intendin' no insults and he be a happy mate. It be because o'him and Ol' Chumbucket that I discovered this fine pub.

So lets have a round o'rum, on me (no, not literally - I ain't participatin' in no wet pirate shirt contest) and make plans fer celebratin' this wonderful day!

I be plannin' on showin' movies at me party. Peter Pan fer the cabin boys and girls (and us big kids who love pirates and Captain Hook), PotC fer general enjoyment, and mayhap a classic film with that Flynn feller.

Drink up, mates! :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I got most of my TLAP weekend mapped out already!

I'm plannin' on a big weekend at me Dagorhir game (we're convertin' our squad o' Barbarians into Pirates, just for the one Saturday :) )Then we'll have raft building/races at Alum creek the next day. Until the rangers tell us to get our weird little arses out of the water cause we're not allowed to do that. :lol:

Then, o' course, movies, Pirate's Booty, and whatever sort of booze me mates and I can get our dirty little paws on. :lol:

I'll bring me camera. :lol:

"Oh, never, never, never again,

If I live to be a hundred or a hundred and ten.

I fell to the ground and I couldn't get up

After drinking a pint of the Johnny Jump Up."

~"Johnny Jump Up" -Gaelic Storm

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."

-Sigmund Freud (on the Irish)

A bit o' discipline is good for the soul - but before I walk, I just want ye to check it out one more time. It says (and this is the REAL quote) "People who (unlike us) take their piracy seriously."

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/links.html#serious

We cast no aspersions on this fine site or any o' the inhabitants thereof. The only aspersions cast are on ourselves (and we think we look FABULOUS in them).

Now, if ye have a moment, I would like to take some time to write down some crimes for which I really OUGHT to be punished. :P

Or, we could skip all that and just get nice and blisterin' drunk. :P

So stop bein' such a sassypants and sit on me knee whilst I regail ye with me seven (or eight) deadliest sins.

Cap'n Slappy

Tis all the same. But I be noticin ye did a nice job of turnin it into a plug fer yer event. :P Also, I be lettin ye know I am not a sassypants. I be Captain of me own fine boat, "Scraping By" and I will have ye walk the plank (one step and yer off) and then keel-hauled in Tempe Town Lake. It that serious enoughs fer yer?

On second thought, I will drink a rounds with ye...that is, ifin' yer buyin? :P

~Black Hearted Pearl

Well, some o' us Pirates in Spokane work in the plasma donation biz.

That's right, we collect plasma from donors. Then its shipped off to make medicines.

This be the third year we be celebratin' TLAPD.

The first year was a blast. We even had a few dress ups. Last year, we had to keep it low key. Corporate auditors/inspectors don't have much of a sense of humor.

This year it'll be different. Each center has donation promotion programs. Corporate HQ usually dictates the promo. This time we were left on our own and we decided to go whole hawg. Here's the plan.

Lots of Piratical decorations for the week starting 9/13.

Pirate music on the sound system Everthing from POTC and Muppets Treasure Island soundtracks to Capn' Boggs and Salty, tradional sea chanteys to Monty Python's "Crimson Permanent Assurance."

For every visit donors receive a raffel ticket.

We're closed Sunday 9/19 , so Saturday We have the big day.

Employees will talk like pirates--they can dress up too.

There will be a contest and prizes for for the best dressed and pirate talking employee, and prizes for any donors dressing up

Then there is the drawing. Prizes include DVDs of POTC, Cutthroat Island, Treasure Island and Master and Commander (technically not pirate, but lots of ships and cutlasses) Plus gift cards, and lots of gold coins (chocolate inside!)

After we close up for the day--well we'll see some of us are heading for the nearest pub and we'll be talkin' like Pirates the rest of the weekend.

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

On second thought, I will drink a rounds with ye...that is, ifin' yer buyin? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:B)B)

Aye Luv!

The drinks are on me! Tempe may be a bit "warmish" fer me tastes, but so long as the ale is cold, count me in!

Of course, if it be as hot as I think, I may gladly walk that plank o' yers!

:lol:

Spread the word - International Talk Like a Pirate Day is comin'!

Cap'n Slappy