Safflower Frockcoat

kass

I am sorry you missed the Dangerous Liasions exhibit as well! And for such a horrid reason. Perhaps it will come back ?

I have been trying to find the fabric that they used in POTC for Elizabeth's peach dress. Does anyone know where it may be purchased ? I have looked everywhere! I even emailed Cosprop, who made most of the clothes for POTC but they must be terribley busy as I received no reply as of yet.

Have you ever tried Fabric.com ?

Oh and I saw JP Ryan has a new Robe le' Angelaise... yay!

Are there any good tutorials out there on how to use a book to draft a pattern ? I thought of trying to use my copier but that could waste a bit too many trees for my liking!

Thanks in advance for all your advice!

As I understand it, the exhibit wasn't travelling. I mean all the items in the exhibit are in the Met's permanent collection. So while they are not on exhibit all the time, they are there and you can still see them (or arrange to see them privately) at any time. It's just tougher to arrange. But I'm trying to find out if the exhibit had a catalog that I can buy for inspiration.

I don't have any good ideas for your fabric search. Sorry...

I can't think of the title of a book on drafting, but it is definitely worthwhile getting a book and learning this technique. I mean, there is no end to the things you can do when you learn how to draft.

And draping. Also learn how to drape. These are the two techniques that will free you from using patterns forever!

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!