hows is everyone getting to the festival?

Scarlet

We'd would have been glad to pick you up but it's quite a drive from Seattle and thereabouts. We'll be flying through Chicago on our way to Miami if you want to schedule on the same flight. It's a red eye on the 25th, arriving at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, the 26th. Then we're driving down from there with our crewe (10 of us) in a 15 passenger van to Key West from Miami - with us it's a memorable road trip.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

We'd would have been glad to pick you up but it's quite a drive from Seattle and thereabouts. We'll be flying through Chicago on our way to Miami if you want to schedule on the same flight. It's a red eye on the 25th, arriving at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, the 26th. Then we're driving down from there with our crewe (10 of us) in a 15 passenger van to Key West from Miami - with us it's a memorable road trip.

Well, When I am not out staring at Lake MI, dreaming about plunder... I am a travel agent and was wondering what kind of fare you got. I would assume you are on United?

Sorry, I bring work home :blink:

Cheers!

:lol:

We be flying in on American Airlines on the redeye, Mate! I believe we arrive in Chicago about 3 a.m. or something. If you'd like I can get the flight info for ye.

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

I think it was $292, including tax and travel insurance... much cheaper than flying into Key West and then having to get a car or van (there's 10 of us going from here) there.

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Aye Lass,

I know they be less fun, but try findin' some o' th' non-firin' replicas o' flintlock pistols... Mebe a nice Queen Annes fer ya ta tote about...

They also be a bit cheaper than the real thing... Yer Mum might be open ta such?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Oh bloody H....

Please donna say she be a nay sayer ta fire arms... :ph34r:

No, no, sorry.. I'll nay start a'preachin' here on 'at subject.....

Bloody Tyranical......... Ahemm..... :ph34r:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Tis no matter, flintlock or not. I tend to stray away from those confounded things in favor of a good old fashioned cutlass. Much more fun to taunt the kiddies with and have many more uses in a piratical situation, if yas get me drift! :ph34r:

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

• 2 weeks later...
aye..i'll 'ave ta be a pirate without a few flintlocks...*shakes head*

Cheer up, Jennifer lass!

Them pistols could only shoot once, then they were used most times as a club. Ifn't ye want somethin' useful--and doesn't go "Bang" as yer mum be contrary to, try fer a belayin' pin! Guaranteed not to misfire or explode in her hands! Another plus that should appease yer mum, 'No pointy edges!' And it were a weapon used by seamen an' pyrates alike.

Fret not, Jennifer. Ye'll be comin' o' age soon enough an' can make yer own choices. But I'll agree that it's a bloody bugger in the mean-time!

Fair Winds to yer sails!