The cost of piracy

Full sleeve pirate shirt - 99 cents at Salvation Army

Nautical navy blue many-buttoned vest - $1.99 at Thrift Town

Striped linen pants - $1.99 at Thrift Town

Brown tricorn hat - $15 at Jas Townsend

Wide leather belt - $2.99 at Thrift Town (go Thrift Town!)

Thigh-high, fold-down brown suede leather boots - $26 at eBay

Outrageous medallion - 99 cents at Family Thrift Center

Sash to go under belt - already in my closet

Plundering Texas tourist RVs under the silvery desert moon and looking damn good while you're doing it - Priceless

A pyrate's life for me.

Congratulations. But ye won't be satisfied. Ye will be seduced into plundering ye pocketbook for more. Ye only be a mate at this point. Take it from a Dread Pyrate. Ye will want more. :)

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Alas, it be too late for me on the that thingy with the ropes and sails. Mine not be the true beauty like Royaliste, but I'm working on her.

Fair winds, Calm Seas, and Tall Bridges.

~BHP

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Thrift shops be popular what wit tha economy bein' sorely plundered..but..I will try ta not git inta politics..lest it ruin me mood...at this pleasant time. I have a few suggestions about thrift shops. Many o the popular ones be too high priced..an a lot o tha inventory stays on tha hooks.never movin' or reduced in price..some not even sized....I usually head fer tha white blouses, an knickers..an vests..which wer popular durin tha hippie days. I check fer broken zippers..an overall quality. Sometimes I am so depressed...'cos the synthetics be creepin' me out...I be filled wit joy at a silk blouse in a poets mode...it's excitin ta beat someone to a find..an watch their eyes fill with resentment, an envy..all part o bein' a Pirate..but I been on tha other end...watchin a lass walk off wit a velvet flared coat..it's not likely many vintage things make it to the main floor..Methinks a few end up goin inta a special box...

but smaller towns off tha beaten path often have a few spectacular finds...in time..we develop an eye fer the unusual....we grab up a hat fer a buck..an see tha same thing on a website fer 80 bucks...'cos they added a feather ! I do believe things sell faster if they be easy ta see..an' I like them on a wall.lined up.....or a mannequin...(me own mannequin is on me profile pic)....anyway....try ta stick wit natural fibres..if possible..an avoid a lot o elastic..as it deteriorates easliy..some be easy ta replace..tho....an it be a good idea ta lear a little basic sewin'.

Ployester fibres tend ta git little balls on 'em...not like a tomcat...but...the threads break down, an ball up...it's not good...cotton, rayon, flax, an raime be good fibres...along wit wool...an Flax...an silk..but silk be a bit cruel ta tha silkworms...I hear tell...I wish ye luck henceforth....tha money ye save..leads ta the ultimate shiny object...in savins. Arrr ! :rolleyes: Vintage Martini website does have a costume section, http://www.vintagemartini.com/clothing/cos...umes/page1.html

It be takin hours ta hunt down stuff....

http://www.vintagemartini.com/clothing/cos.../pages/117.html

Some o these were made fer tha show Wishbone.....Tha pattern is a good one..The ties in tha back...an buttons..make all the difference. It puzzles me why things be so pricey.....but these be reasonable. I did buy dresses from this site....an no complaints at all ! havin' the UPS man at me door is a thrill....providin' he be bringin' me vintage Clothing ! :rolleyes:

Good advice, dream wench. Natural fibers are definitely the way to go. I always go for cotton, linen and wool and damn anything polyester to the depths. Not on my fair pirate skin, I say! I've found that Goodwill has gotten pretty dang pricey, at least around here, so I don't bother with them much anymore. So I head for the local "independents" like Thrift Town and Family Thrift Center - good plundering to be had.

Iron Faith

A pyrate's life for me.

Vintage Martini  website does have a costume section, http://www.vintagemartini.com/clothing/cos...umes/page1.html

Damnit Dream Wench,

Look what you've gone and made me do, directed me to something cool ta empty the rest of me bank account on.

I just got a confirmation email from them that item #125 is available and that my order has been placed. They're just holding it far me until they receive me payment.

125.JPG125a.JPG

Well Stynky ! I hafta say..ye cannot git that at Walrus Martus ! I also want ta say I am sure yer handsome face will accentuate tha Vest ! I spoke ta Cecil an' he sez there be many fine articles left in tha Costume section, an priced fairly ! Wishbone show featured tha very garments ! Here be tha link again fer those who likes ta see a few nice togs..suited fer Ren Faires, or Farmer/western...tha shirts can't be beat fer price.

http://www.vintagemartini.com/clothing/cos.../pages/131.html

http://www.vintagemartini.com/clothing/cos...umes/page1.html

. . . I am sure yer handsome face will accentuate tha Vest ! . . .

Well Lass, aren't you a sweet heart, and yar making me blush too. . .

Thank you for such the kind wards. pirateGrin.gif

Oh, and thanks for the lead.

Authentic attire with the natural fibers make a breathable outfit. So I have come to learn as a re-enactor. Which stuns people, who ask me if my black clad costume is hot.. it's not, cause it's made of 100% cotton & breathable material.

As to the cost of piracy... :ph34r: Besides a ship.. which, Royaliste captain.. that is FAR more than most re-enactors I know... who go as far as several muskets .. or a couple cannons...

Most re-enactors I know on average spend $1,000.. giver or take. That's not to start though.

I've found piracy to be MUCH cheaper. :ph34r:

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!