Dagger recommendations?

This may sound a bit strange.... but the United Cutlery Morgan's Dagger from Cutthroat Island.

I picked one up 3 years ago for $50 at a faire... and it is fight worthy as a parrying blade. Sharp and pointy too.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

A simple, sharp blade with a simple wooden handle. It's usefull, and actually looks good with a pirate outfit. A home-made leather sheath for it helps, too.

I personally have a buck knife with leather sheath and a (fake) bone handle. It also has a bit of brass on it, which makes it somewhat fancy, and I've used some seine twine to make a lanyard for it.

Coastie :huh:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

And since we've seen you spam us with comments like these before... how much are they paying you?

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

To the original question. ...

How's about an Arkansas Toothpick fer a dagger? Large, double-edged, pointy blade, with basic handle and a bit o' brass ... makes a fine main gauche, if a tifle on the large side. They're (rr rrr) available from many sources. I got mine for $15 and it's got a tang as thick about as a pencil (not combat worthy) and I keep it sharp enow to shave with, but if'n I'm gonna be whackin' and slashin', the lefty blade stays in the sheath, anyhow.