Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow coming on DVD

Capt Grey

Now afore some o'ye lads and lassies what knows this Disney movie gets yer undergarments in a bunch, this is related to piracy.

In the books by Russell Thorndike, Dr. Syn were a pirate fer a time by the name of Captain Clegg. Sos it be a fine pirate movie in me own opinion. Plus the fact that it ain't been available on video since the mid-1980s.

The release date fer the DVD be in August. I will definitely be pre-ordering it since Patrick McGoohan be one o'me favorite actors and I LOVE this movie. :unsure:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

As an aside to the above, the original book is out and available from a small press (I found mine through Amazon) - "Dr Syn, A Smuggler Tale of The Romney Marsh" - the only caveat is that there are 'imperfect' copies out - some of the books are missing 7 chapters - there should be 39, not 32 chapters. The press will replace them, so... it's still a good book. :)

:D

Wasn't that MoonCussers? :unsure:

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

ARRRRR!!! Dr. Syn!

August sez you? I be feelin' a lighter wallet 'round that time sez I!

Dr. Syn was one of my favorite childhood Halloween costumes (next to pirates of course). I still have the plastic toy pistols I carried then.

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Hey anybody know if Disney is going to release

Dr. Syn as the complete series, or the butchered version?

I was really hoping they'd release it as one of their Disney

Treasures dvds in those cool tins!

BTW-Hammer studios released a version of that in the mid

to late 50's starring Peter Cushing and Dr. Syn.

-Redhand

I'll be signin' Autographs later.....I think there were at least 6 books in the original series...vaguely remember reading them in the '60's

"Here's to the feet what 'ave walked the plank,

Yo,ho,ho fer the Dead man's throttle,

Here's to the corpses afloat in the tank,

And The Dead man's teeth in the Dead man's bottle"

I believe the Peter Cushing version came out around the same time as the Patrick McGoohan Disney version.

There be a fine site at www.drsyn.com that has all this information - and more! It be a treasure trove worthy of pillaging by pirates. :lol:

There even be a costumer what is makin' the masks of the Scarecrow. Hellspite, and Curlew.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.