Two sleeps?

Jib

It's petty interesting. Lucy Worsley writes/talks about this in one of her works. My household may start working on a schedule like that soon when my youngest starts working in the bakery department and has to start at 4 am. Will let you know how that goes *L*

It's petty interesting. Lucy Worsley writes/talks about this in one of her works. My household may start working on a schedule like that soon when my youngest starts working in the bakery department and has to start at 4 am. Will let you know how that goes *L*

have have thought about how it would be aboard a sailing ship in the 14-1800 and having the crew split to port and larboard watches of 4hrs. each. and how tiring it would be not to get a good 8hrs. this may be the answer of why the watches were 4hrs. During my days at sea we worked 12hrs on and then was off 12hrs. a 7am-7pm day. drills happen during the day so if you were on the 7pm -7am you did get broken sleep some days. this was on flatops small boys may be diff.

I've found that I sometimes wake around 3 in morning unable to sleep. If I stay up for an hour I have no problem dropping back into a deep sleep. Of course the problem is that the alarm still goes off at 6 AM!

These days, I naturally sleep 3 hrs, get up & do what I need to with only night lights... and easily return to sleep for another 3 hours. Sometimes I will move to my recliner & sleep another 2.

My neighbor lives in a restored antique farm house... and as originally... has no curtains. His family keeps daylight hours as our ancestors did... and my farming Uncle & cousins still do.

Exeter, Rhode Island

admin http://www.msrefugees.proboards.com/

In his book Never Cry Wolf,Farley Mowat claimed to have taken this to an extreme. He imitated the wolves he was watching by sleeping in five-to-ten minute increments, at which time he got up, turned around, and went to sleep again. He said that this was "infinitely more refreshing than the unconscious coma of seven to eight hours' duration which represents the human answer to the need for rest." Bear in mind, though, that it remains controversial how much of Mowat's book was fictional and how much true.

I read about this several months ago. Since then, if I wake up in the middle of the night, I don't just lay there. I get up and do something. Read a bit, do some laundry. Then I go right back to sleep.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

• 1 month later...

was rereading "robinson crusoe" by d. defoe and on page 110 he uses the words (second sleep) when RC sick awakes feeling better but very thirsty, having no water he lies there till he falls asleep again (second sleep).