Nauticum astrologicum: or, The astrological seaman 1710

PoD

Just found a great book while looking through Google books:

Nauticum astrologicum: or, The astrological seaman: directing merchants, mariners, captains of ships, ensurers, &c. how (by God's blessing) they may escape divers dangers which commonly happen in the ocean. Unto which is added a diary of the weather for XXI years together, exactly observed in London, with sundry observations thereon by John Gadbury (1710)

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=y4JZAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

Astrology was also an important part to some doctors in the Humoral Theory. (You "should not bleed when the stars are thus" and other such nonsense.)

One can't help but wonder what they'll look back on in the future and say, "They actually believed thus and so at this time in history."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG