Disney owns the Muppets now...

Iron Bess

(sigh)

...and may Jim Hensen have mercy on our collective Souls!!

(Shrug) Oh well, that'll put Muppet Treasure Island in our video listing. :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Just the Muppets or other works by Henson? Me li'l brother, whom ye' knew, managed Jim Henson's L.A. Creature Shop for many years.

The email from Michael isn;t that specific. It say's simply that he is happy to announce that we are now the proud owners of the Muppets and so on and so fourth.

Let me see what I can find out this afternoon PQ and I'll email you at home. :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Thanks, I'll pass it 'long to me bro.

okay, here's the scoop....

We now own everything EXCEPT Sesame Street. We are working on the high end with all the muppet characters AND Bear in the Big Blue House. I guess we reallt plan to market them and get them out to the public again. (sigh) I hope we don;t micro-manage this to death!

(I want Beaker to have athe office next to mine!!) :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

(sigh)

...and may Jim Hensen have mercy on our collective Souls!!

(Shrug) Oh well, that'll put Muppet Treasure Island in our video listing. :ph34r:

Oh good! Just in time for my nephew's birthday! Bess do you think it will be out by March? Will there be a DVD?

Thanks

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Oh good! Just in time for my nephew's birthday! Bess do you think it will be out by March? Will there be a DVD?

Thanks

Uhhh... I doubt it Red we only just bought them today!! LOL!! B)

I'll check though.

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Aye Bess now will this mean they be havin Muppets at the parks?

Its just to weird to picture Kermit and Mickey.........at least for now anyway. B)

We already have them in a few parks. In fact, we have Muppet 3-D in Californis Adventure out here in Anahiem.

Oh.

Wait.

I guess you can't really call that a *Park*

Gee, I'm not sure. B)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I think I remember seeing a Muppet show at one of the Florida Disney parks this past summer too.

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

Aye now that be interestin' news. I use ta watch 'Fraggle Rock' many years ago when in 'altered states' an' thought it was dang funny.

Aye me friend Kermit will be wearin' mouse ears!

(Now if'n only Eisner could be given the Black Spot!)

Rumba Rue

**No greater loss of mind, than mine** :huh:

Okay...let me understand this. Eisner fires/retires all the animators and buys puppets or should I say muppets? On top of that, Eisner screws up the deal with leading computer animators Pixar. I think he is going backwards here. :ph34r:

Oh wait.. a Pizza Hut commercial just aired with Jessica Simpson and the Muppets...I guess Eisner just got paid.

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Yup... Saw that in the newspaper today,... a friend & I.

Thus far, I have heard a couple growls from people ready to strangle Eisner for that. :ph34r:

Oh, well..... I just keep m'mouth shut & pray that a mutiny magically happens.

Hey.. it could happen... it is the beginnings & all to the Magic Kingdom.

Huzzah!

Forever Barbossa's,

Anastazia

~Master & Commander of the Resurrection

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Ahh.... Christ.... I don't know if this is good....

My aunt manages all physical production for Creature Shop Burbank... I hope she still has a job....

She will!

I'm made to understand that then Hensens retain control of the creature shop and a few other things as well.

(Smart work on their part!) :ph34r: !

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I heard the Henson companies be strapped fer cash and that this would help keep 'em solvent. But there ain't no love fer Mr. Eisner by the Henson family. Let's hope they keeps some creative control o'er their works.

Thank God George Lucas be rich enough t'cut all ties to Disney. (That why there be no new movie fer Star Tours; Mr. Lucas won't deal with Mr. Eisner no more.)

Maties, if ye be Disney stockholders it be time t'make Eisner walk the plank. Arrrrrrrgh! :ph34r:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

After the German Co that bought the Muppets went belly-up (not altogether a bad thing... :ph34r: ) the Hensen's were looking for money help for quite awhile. This whole thing has been in the works over 14 months. I never thought they'd come back to us but I guess money does more then talk.

It screams! :ph34r: (I love Brian Hensen though, he's a terrific, nice guy.)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif