chicago pirate crews?

miss adventure

One of our own, Rogues Pierre, aka DarkRose here, is landlocked in Chicago. Perhaps he'd be interested in going a rovin' locally while he's living there...

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Planning an impromptu voyage with a small crewe is easy. We do it all the time up here. Three or four of us will simply show up at a neighborhood pub one of us knows and start the party. Someone will start asking in no time why you're all dressed up and you simply ask, "Why aren't you?" or "I thought you had the costume on, hmm". Pretty soon an boring evening in a pub turns into a lot of fun.

And if anyone is timid about just rolling into a place unannounced, say you've just come from an appearance somewhere else and needed a drink. Then start the party.

Of course, we often actually go somewhere first - retirement homes are aching for people to show up and just visit with their residents. Call an activity director and make an appointment - they'll be thrilled - play some games with them, sing songs, interact - they'll love you for it...

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Y'all are makin' me wish I were up there in Chicago!

But... I hope to make it to the area every so often for re-enactments.

Maybe do something serious for the Tall Ships Fest in 2005. Or other events.

Sounds like a good portion of us are showin' up 'round the midwest now. ;)

Huzzah!

Forever Barbossa's,

Anastazia

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Planning an impromptu voyage with a small crewe is easy. We do it all the time up here. Three or four of us will simply show up at a neighborhood pub one of us knows and start the party. Someone will start asking in no time why you're all dressed up and you simply ask, "Why aren't you?" or "I thought you had the costume on, hmm". Pretty soon an boring evening in a pub turns into a lot of fun.

And if anyone is timid about just rolling into a place unannounced, say you've just come from an appearance somewhere else and needed a drink. Then start the party.

Of course, we often actually go somewhere first - retirement homes are aching for people to show up and just visit with their residents. Call an activity director and make an appointment - they'll be thrilled - play some games with them, sing songs, interact - they'll love you for it...

Actually... that sounds like fun! I'd really like te' get out and do some o' that! :huh:

Cabinlass Maggie :ph34r:

It'll be the rope's end for that one, me bucko.

:ph34r::lol:

How's about we do something like that when I am in the area as well? I know those of you in the Chicagoland area can just get together whenever. But.. would be fun to hang with you all... I'll be in costume for sure when I am around the area for a re-enactment. I still have yet to figure out which places I will attending. I'll probably stay around Chicago this year. We'll see.

What say you? :ph34r:

Huzzah!

Forever Barbossa's,

Anastazia

~Master & Commander of the Resurrection

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!