Another deckhand requestin passage

Eureka Tom

Avast ye crewmen and crew-wimmins !

I be a land-locked scurge from a little hamlet in the northwest of Arkansas.

The natives call it Eureka Springs, fer the healin waters found here. Ya see, it was presumed that Ponce De Leon (p'tew)dry.gif had gotten lost on his voyages and upon reaching Floriduh, gave up and said "screw it, this be the place, er, yeah, right"... whenin all actuallity, had he asked the right person for directions and a decent map, (or perhaps a compass that worked rightly) he would have found his way to the mountains here and discovered what some scallawag fur-trappers found... and of course later stole from the natives and profited greatly.huh.gif

Must've been a lil pirate in 'em after all...

At any rate, here I be, my wicks are waxed, and my fodders dry !

Aint no dinner fittin, unless a bottle of rum there be sittin !

Post Script...

I be puttin together a monthly gatherin of like-minded malcontents in our local hamlet, as I have never done this before (ingorance never stopped me from attackin a thing before) I would like to get some firsthand knowledge of how to make said gatherins more piratey and less like scraping barnacles.

piratebannersmall.gif

Pirates... puttin the "NAUGHTY" into NAUTICAL since 1765

Do I win a prize for being born on September 19th?

Indeed she is... lol... or rather my business with my pleasure ! YAR !

Once a year we take the carriages downtown on hallows eve and dress in full regalia, braided beard and all, and give FREE carriage rides for children's charity, this year it goes to the Arkansas Children's Hospital. Folks can make a donation of ANY size, and they get a free carriage ride, and get their photo taken by the on-site olde time photo studio (who I finaly twisted enough arms that they screamed UNCLE and installed a whole slew o' piratical outfits and sets/props ... then realized HEY we could make some money with this crap... I mean stuff...) and free candy for the kiddies and an extra special treat for the ladies from your's truely ! YO HO HO... lol

I will be postin photos asapc.... As Soon As A Pirate Can....

piratebannersmall.gif

Welcome aboard! Glad to see that bein' stuck witout the ocean hasn't stopped ye from the sweet trade! Let's hear more 'bout the event ye mentioned... may have a word or two to offer ye.

Well, not much to tell yet. That's the problem. I only have the ideas in me head so far...

An me head bein what it is, there aint much accountin for actual future plannin skills.

I *did* mind ye come up with this everyone attendin should bring two pieces of "gold" for advertisin of the monthly gatherin.

(two of those fancy "gold" dollar coins will suffice) which will go towards adverts an door prizes...

Although WHY anyone would want a DOOR for a prize i'll never reckon.

I thought we could have talk like a pirate seminars ( of the drunken 10 minute variety) creatin a decent pirate name... Singin pirate songs... Readin short pirate stories... Etc.

Any other thoughts?

piratebannersmall.gif

Ahoy an' welcome, Tom.

I knows th' place ye speak of. Loverly it be.

Glad ye found th' Pub. Tis a fine establishment ye've stumbled into.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

(by the way, did anyone notice i have updated my profiley things.... new signature lines and all...)

I am gonna post a new thread on the children's charity carriage rides/pirate-a-palooza with some pics of YOURS TRUELY in my first pirate attempts cosutme.

Also gonna start a new one on the new pirate gatherins I am plannin here at the local pub.

Look for both, and please feel free to jump in and offer suggestions and such.

piratebannersmall.gif