Please keep our Capt. in your thoughts

I know there are a few of you out there who have worked with our Capt. in the past. Chris Suttle, who has been portraying Blackbeard in eastern NC for over 8 years now will be undergoing surgery tomorrow. If you know Chris, then you have heard about his accident in 98. He was hit by a drunk driver as a pedestrian and ended up with a hairline fracture in his spine. Not wanting to give up his love for Stage Combat or playing Pirate, against his doctors better judgement he has continued to work as a proffesional pirate and stage combat instructor. Sadly though, the hairline fracture in his spine has cracked and caused three disk to rupture in his back and cause nerve damage as well. He will be undergoing a 6 hour back fusion and lumbar decompression operation to repair the damage. We are very confident with the neurosurgeon and orthopediac surgeon performing the operation but would still ask that you keep him and his family in your thoughts. He will be home after 5 days and is determined to be up and moving around again in time for the events we have scheduled by Sept. The Doctors have told him that because of where they are fusing the spine he will be loosing some mobility but they also told him in 98 after his accident that he wouldn't make it this long without surgery so I have no doubt that he will be back to swinging a cutlass around in no time.

First Mate Briggs of Capt. Scurvy's Crew

Raleigh NC

My thoughts are with him and his family. Back surgery is a pain (pun intended) but if he follows the doctors instruction without waver, he will be fine. If he doesn't, threaten him with a hot musket ball up his nose. That might convince him, maybe. ;)

Animal

Edited by Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

I agree with Animal. A second chance is a gift. My thoughts and prayers to him and his and you for asking.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

My father went through some serious back surgery awhile back and is doing just fine now...so we all will be praying and hoping for the best for Chris.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

My father went through some serious back surgery awhile back and is doing just fine now...so we all will be praying and hoping for the best for Chris.

I appreciate that and if you ever want to make Dutch feel bad you can tell him i'd be recovering better right now if not for scooping out the longboat by hand in VA!! Just a joke, it didn't hurt my back.

best wishes for a speedy an complete recovery. prayers to the cap'n and family

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Thought it was funny that my orthopedic and neurosurgeon both asked for one of my black and white head shots as a pirate to put up with the pictures of the athletes from the Carolina Hurricanes and the Carolina Ballet group they have in there office. I also stopped by the pediatric ward yesterday on one of my walks and donated an appearance at no charge once I'm back on my feet to come see the kids and play pirate with them for a while