Crimson Crew

I am a member of the Mercury crew and hope to add another crew along a similar time frame that would be open to people to reduce the numbers of the mercury crew and work with them. The time frame would be 1715 and the hurricane that sent many spanish ships to their graves. I would like to recreate this as a shipwrecked survivor camp but it would take a few people and if we got absorbed into the mercury camp that would be fine

Edited by vintagesailor
id.jpg

Swab, why do you want to reduce the number in the mercury crew. If you are going to work with them why not work as one. Now the Mercury crew is the PiP pick-up crew so if you want a crew to do other events that is understandable. I am not saying that you can't or shouldn't have your own crew, I was just wondering why?

Mercury could have many scenarios not just careening, in fact a ship-wreck was discussed just two years ago. The problem we found was time to "decorate" for the shipwreck. lol

Well, you did say 1715 but I was thinking 1720 is so close would it make much difference ...I better shut up before I offend someone.

Edited by Silkie McDonough

Thanks for asking Silkie. I was wondering the same thing. I hate to say it but most likely there will be some in the Mercury crew, as well as all the other crews, that won't be able to make it to PIP for various reasons. It's unfortunate but it does happen.

I was also wondering if the crew you want to create was going to be portraying Spanish sailors?

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

I wasnt so much thinking about a full seperat crew more of a crew within a crew. My particular character is Portuguese (much closer to Spanish than English) and my wife will be from the Orient. Sort of a crew for those who might be interested in doing something other than the standard yet excellent English pirate. I would love this crew to be able to have at least 1 boat that we could run about in (thinking of the thread of a fleet of skiffs) during battles.

Anyways just an idea rambling around in my head

id.jpg

A crew within a crew? ok. The Mercury has always been an all inclusive crew. It doesn't matter if you are a Portuguese pirate with an oriental wife or a pirate that stands on your head and spits jelly beans. I really don't get the point.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

That is the beauty of the Mercury Crew ...all misfits. Now if you need a crew to do other events go for it.

I was Mercury before I decided that I wasn't going to be a sutler and I was going to do living history. Not everyone on the mercury is English, although I admit that they all speak English ...well ...more like some sort of North American dielect of English. lol There are people on the Mercury crew who are members of other crews. They are coming in smaller numbers so, 2 from crew A, 1 from crew B, 7 without a crew, one from California =11 mercury crew members. It is a beautiful thing! William has graciously accepted the appointment of Qurtermaster and Jim was voted Captin for a few reasons, he is a captain in some life, he has been going to PiP for several years and he looks the part ...the man does need a long coat ...hmmm ...a frock coat. Dont' look at me, I was going to make Harry a proper shirt 2 years ago! :rolleyes:

William has graciously accepted the appointment of Qurtermaster and Jim was voted Captin for a few reasons...

Jim has never been voted in as Captain. He has however been nominated some three dozen times, and graciously refused the post due to the fact that the Mercury crew does not have an acting Captain. It is preferred by some that we forgo any real chain of command, apart from the appearance of narrative leadership to outsiders.

That said, I would like to nominate Jim for Captain. Again.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

Now on the subject actually being discussed in this thread, a person attending PIP has every right to align themselves to whomever they wish. We have numerous crews listed on the Roll Call, and I see no reason to argue the points of the Mercury crew at large against any one person's desire for something of their own. While it is true that the Mercury crew is in no need of reduction, as a brig sloop can certainly carry more than we have listed thus far, vintagesailor has every right to start another crew.

The change was made shortly after the request, so let's let the Crimson Crew get on with recruiting.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

And I'll get back to ducking responsibility and letting things ride as they are. Our fearless QM is much more able than I to navigate the myriad socio-political shoals that would trap our ship. It was decided at the creation of the Mercury to leave the captaincy vacant so as to avoid anyone seeming to be "the boss." We are a democratic society of disparate, far-flung pyrates, coming together at times to engage in plundering, pillaging and ofttimes drunken revelry with no one to tell us what to do. We like it that way.

And the "Captain" in my name is due to a song that fit a certain time and place, James Taylor's "Captain Jim's Drunken Dream." Can't seem to shake it, don't know that I want to...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

As long as they're not Spaniards, we're good with them. We buccaneers kill the Spanish in their sleep by stuffing Paella down their miserable gullets... :lol:

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Nope not Spanish, Portuguese with my Thai woman (how I was given her is another story in itself). We are well armed and willing to share amongst our crew whether it be cannons or small arms. The cooking will be primarily Thai along with the possibility of a show. After PiP the plan is a sail and raid to Ft Jefferson as the pirates we are with camping there.

id.jpg