My new Sweet GAoP Monster Hanger!

I am gloating a little, please forgive...

I had a really cool Dutch Hanger made by Old Dominion Forge that was unreal. There are still pic on my site. I sold it last fall to fund other projects, and while I was hesitated a bit to sell it, I at leas knew that I had another custom blade on order, that would take the sting out of parting with my Dutch Hanger.

I put the order in (that is, got on the waiting list) in 2007. With an estimated delivery date of Summer 09.

Well, summer 09 is right around the corner, and the maker has sent pictures of the sword in progress, so I thought I'd share.

GoF-Blade-00.JPG

To me, this is the quintessential GAoP sword, as it was only made (the style anyway) from around 1680-1720. There is a "period" picture of Black Beard, and the hanger he is carrying is this style. Plus, there are pictures of Admiralty types with these at their sides.

Too cool

Close up of grip/hilt

GoF-Blade-01.JPG

Yeahh Baby!

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

When are you coming stateside so we can play?

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

You are one lucky man. Lovely piece. Shoulda posted it in the armoury.

Aye Matt now that's the type sword I'd like to see you make!!! Traditional blade style with unique hilts

Wait till you see my new stuff in Hampton. Been doing a lot more PC cutlasses and sabers.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

You are one lucky man. Lovely piece. Shoulda posted it in the armoury.

Aye Matt now that's the type sword I'd like to see you make!!! Traditional blade style with unique hilts

Wait till you see my new stuff in Hampton. Been doing a lot more PC cutlasses and sabers.

I'm with the gunner on this! Post pics of some of these new works!