Time for Change

Harry

Oh no... :angry:

Oh no!

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Well, well, just think, Harry will have to work for a change... ;)

I'm sorry, I don't understand the meaning of that word... :D

It only means that Harry will have more time to drink, if that is indeed possible.

See, I miss a couple of weeks posting and this happens.

Harry, so sorry to see you go. Thanks for getting us "in the door" at Ft. Taylor. It has been a great privilege, honor and an outright blast to work with you. Now I have two words for you...Press Gang! Your presence at PiP '09 is required if you can at all pull it off. We'll find tent space for ye, mate, perhaps even erect another Oar House (the Harry Oar House...? :D )

Perhaps I'll see you at John's Pass.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I haven't posted anything.... well because it's not like Harry is dying from scurvy or anything nasty like that....

I can't even do th' metaphysically stuff.... "time moves on.".... that sorta thing.....

best I can come up with is...

RATS......

Goinna miss him.......

• 5 weeks later...

Harry,

It is will a heavy heart that I write this note. You and I have already had the discussion from our own hearts. But I rejoice for you. They call it retirement, but I know that is ONLY from the state parks system. We surely haven't retired as Pyrats, scalliwags and six guns. Key West will be a different world without you. In my 28 years here, I have seen so many come and go. But none that have given to me and to Key West like you have given. Without you, there would be no FTPF, no re-enacting at the Fort. Your hands on the reins have been the guidance that we have followed. You leave a grand legacy of accomplishment in your wake. The winning of awards and more importantly the winning of FRIENDS all across this country. And you have won my Respect and Gratitude, like those that give it here on this forum and this world. NO fancy works can speak of the feelings and the soul. The very Spirits of the Fort know it, feel, just like we do with our words. And they will surely miss you too.

With Respect, Honor and Love,

Captain Spike

PS: Farlan T. says me too!

My Dear Harry,

It is the 30th of June today...and you are still leaving us...I had so hoped that this day would not come. I rejoice for you, your family and the courage of your decision. I know it cannot have been an easy one. Words simply cannot express the deep gratitude and love that we feel for you and Sue. You took us into your home at the Fort, one and all, and made us reenactors feel welcome. The dream you had for reenactors and living history at Fort Taylor has come true, and your legacy will live on in each one of us. With each volley of cannon fire, each round of rhum, each voice in song and each story shared, you will be there. No other person has brought so much to the Fort, and so much to our PiP family. You will be missed, my dear friend, but only in your previous capacity. We fully expect and desire your presence with all of us on the other side, as a true pyrate should be. We hope that you and Mrs. Pettitwatt will be there with us come December, as our family grows.

It is with utmost respect, honor and love, that I propose a mighty HUZZAH for ye Harry. For all that you have done, and all that you will do in your future. No matter what, you have FAMILY with PiP.

From Our Crewe to yours,

The Sacred Heart

James "Poppa Ratsey" and Fayma "Momma Ratsey" Callahan