Fonts in signatures...

iPirate

I see a lot of people here using fonts in their signatures that I just don't seem to have access to. It's deffinately text, (not a picture), but when I edit my sig, those fonts just are not in my list.

any ideas?

gallery_10737_100_5347.gif

Time flies when you're having rum

I use fonts that are in microsoft office products. I choose them because I believe there are many people who have that software. Then to use it you simply replace the font name from the font list here by typing the name of the one you want to use.

McDonough, becomes McDonough, which in turn becomes McDonough. (Read the script that shows when you view the quote ...that should explain it.)

The draw back is that if someone does not have the font you have chosen loaded on their machine they don't see a default font rather than what you specify. I see what looks like Times New Roman rather than Papyrus that I specified. (I still have to reload office again ...since the crash)

I use fonts that are in microsoft office products. I choose them because I believe there are many people who have that software. Then to use it you simply replace the font name from the font list here by typing the name of the one you want to use.

McDonough, becomes McDonough, which in turn becomes McDonough. (Read the script that shows when you view the quote ...that should explain it.)

The draw back is that if someone does not have the font you have chosen loaded on their machine they don't see a default font rather than what you specify. I see what looks like Times New Roman rather than Papyrus that I specified. (I still have to reload office again ...since the crash)

I see, so I just put the name of the font I want, taken from my computer's list of fonts, instead of relying on what the message board shows me.

Thanks

gallery_10737_100_5347.gif

Time flies when you're having rum

Problem with free fonts is that not everyone has the same fonts loaded on their systems. Even my signature does not look like I want it to when I am at home as it does at the office.

Is there any way to embed the font in a signature other than importing an image?

• 2 weeks later...
Problem with free fonts is that not everyone has the same fonts loaded on their systems. Even my signature does not look like I want it to when I am at home as it does at the office.

Is there any way to embed the font in a signature other than importing an image?

I can't see how there would be. You're always relying on the interpreting computer to decode the font. If it doesn't know what it's viewing, it interprets it as best as it can. For example, Callenish sometimes uses a font that I still haven't gotten and my computer turns it into a huge font that makes it kind of look like he's yelling.

I've had the same problem with my website. If I want to use a font, particularly one of the cool "free" fonts like the Delorean "Stainless" font for a page (my kitchen has a Delorean theme), I always put it into a jpg or gif. How many of you have the font "Stainless"? Anyone? Bueller? Didn't think so.

(For the curious, the "Stainless" font can be seen in the titles on the page shown here.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG