The Weathered Rose

Isabella

I wanted to let ye know, March 1st, my shop opens online for my business, The Weathered Rose.

I make bodices for the ladies, and things for the lads. I'm hopin' to add pyrate things also. I'm moderate priced, so that it won't hurt your plunder too much, and make you feel good.

All bodices are cut and made to order, with yer fabric or mine. Funny boned (no off colour jokes now!) and grommeted. I love making for plus size wenches and ladies alike.

If ye be interested you can email me at theweatheredrose@elvenvoices.com for quotes, comments, and questions. :)

I'm working on my domain currently, and hope to be ready soon. :)

Thanks!

Isabella

What are you looking to have? All my stuff is custom done, so if you have photos, ideas, or something in mind, drop me a PM and ask. :)

Most of my garb is Renaissance in style, but I can do other periods. I've done doublets for my husband, pants, and shirts also.

:)

• 1 month later...
Don't forget us Circus Fat lads! We needs fineries too!

The term is "Big & Tall", luv, and if ye can afford the fabric, I'm sure Isabella can outfit even you!

Do post samples & ideas Isabella -- I know I need a "pirate" dress (if there is a definition of such a thing) and probably a corset and hat and, oh, I don't know what all. My current costume consists of a chemise, cotton bodice, green skirt and an apron-- not very flattering. I need a pirate make-over!

Well, you've come to the right gal, lads and lasses! I sew for all sizes, but it seems a large majority of folks are of the "big and tall" catagory, including myself. :) I started sewing because it was difficult to find outfits that would fit me in a flattering way, without having to spend a lot of money getting custom work done.

I primarily work in Renaissance Style costumes, but plan to move into other styles, and ideas when I am comfterable with working with it. :) From what I've observed, Pirate gear is basically regular clothing of the day. Most folks think "stripes and silks" as a staple of pirate gear, but I've seen basics of peasant, with added touches, and so on.

Here is a list of soon to be avaliable!

Ladies:

Hats: Muffin, flat, muffin with brim.

Bodices without piccadills and with piccadills. Laced up the back, up the front, up the front and up the sides, and up the sides.

Skirts: Gored, petal

Irish Dresses

Chemises: Hip length, knee length, and ankle length.

Men (Coming Soon!)

Pant styles: Slops, basic, and eventually short pumpkins.

Doublets

shirts

Has as listed above

Thanks for all your interest, I'm waiting on a shipment of finishing supplies before taking photos. It should arrive today, then I'll be finishing up seams, and so on, to show. :)

Any other questions, keep posting them! It's helping me be able to thing out things I've missed!

The term is "Big & Tall", luv, and if ye can afford the fabric, I'm sure Isabella can outfit even you!

Do post samples & ideas  Isabella -- I know I need a "pirate" dress (if there is a definition of such a thing) and probably a corset and hat and, oh, I don't know what all.  My current costume consists of a chemise, cotton bodice, green skirt and an apron-- not very flattering. I need a pirate make-over!

Well, we can add to what you have, or redo some of it, if needed. :) A good bodice should be flattering. Most folks have a hard time with ladies of a bigger stature, because we have extra this and that, that needs to be sofened. Also we need more boning and durablility with comfort to boot. :ph34r:

My Pirate costume for Ren is basically an irish dress shortened, with ruffle necked chemise, and sleeves, boots, the all important bloomers (not period, but without them I'd be an unhappy wench.)

Irish dresses waist lines are cut higher than the normal bodices. Since the waist is rounded, if you are pear shaped it can be a little unflattering. I remember when I got my first one, I was horribly upset, but as I lost weight it became better. So, I suggest an irish that holds, but isn't as tight as a normal bodice.

Normally I wear the typical english get up like you. Two skirts, a long chemise, bodice, and bloomers. I'll snood my hair, and wear a big straw hat, which I'm planning on caring when I open.

There are great options, and ideas, and a good cut bodice is like a good suit, it's worth every penny, and makes you feel like a million bucks. :)