Pirate Master

TheBlackFox

I watched the first 8 episodes of Pirate Master with my daughter tonight. . . now she's addicted and has the hots for Ben Fagan. . . she's only 13! I hope we get enough of the cast out in July for our Pirate Master Reunion/Pyrates Way 3rd Anniversary Par-Tay!

It went off the air because no one was watching it - the ratings sucked. The premiere episode pulled only a 2.3/8 rating in the all important 18 to 49 demographic. Total viewership was only 7 million. It was moved to Tuesday in hopes of pulling it out of the dumper and there, the ratings dropped to a just 1.6/5 rating with only 4.6 million viewers. That was the death knell. Only pirates and pirate fans seemed to be watching the show, which couldn't capitalize on the success of Survivor.

Compare that with the "Baseball" documentary on PBS (yes, public television) that pulled in 43 million viewers, the 1994 Olympics with 204 million viewers or the final episode of MASH with 125 million viewers.

I find it funny that the magazine is just now running a series on a show that was cancelled two years ago. Seems like there's other things that would be more interesting to the pirate community than a show no one watched or cared about.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I found Pirate Master to be absolutely hokey! Didn't like it at all.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I couldn't even give it a chance as soon as I learned what station and time it aired they switched times on me.

But I do agree about the crap they actually do keep on the air and all the same thing at the same time on all the channels.

Bosun Red

I sent in an application to be on that show....(yeah.. along with a couple thousand other people.....)

anyway, I've only seen a few episodes of Survivor, and what i wanted to do was set-up a mutiny...Hey the winner of the game is the jerk that can screw the most people the most efficiently (in front of alla America.)... dang... I want to work with that back-stabber?....

The mutiny I wanted to set-up is a contract between all team members, that we all share the spoils(the million is split between alla us ($10,000 and you win with honor, ....)... and work together to make sure of our team won the whole stinking game....

Sure the producers would hate us.... but I kinda think the sodded American TV viewing public would find us the darlings of tv.... hey... it's the unity, and team spirit that made America Great.... (and a few other fun "buzz words") But when does the "viewing Public" get tired of sucky lying bastards " winning"... is that what we have become?... or would they think they had the fortitude to stand up for what they beleave in... the American Way... and be a part of the winning Team.... with honor and justice.... (see, the idea reeks with buzz words...)

And after meeting Jey Leno, he might take me for a ride in his steam car.......

The only thing Eye liked about it is Kendra..

She is becoming a friend at events with me..

The thing i hated most was the snakes.. NOT PYRATY AT ALL!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I find it funny that the magazine is just now running a series on a show that was cancelled two years ago. Seems like there's other things that would be more interesting to the pirate community than a show no one watched or cared about.

-- Hurricane

There's a reason. . . . I just can't say right now. heheheheheh.

I have to agree with Lady B, although I did watch it. The most interesting thing I thought was the props they used to set up the challenges.

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

<-- Apparently one of a very few people on this planet that liked the show. Well me and the wife that is.

I have very much enjoyed talking about the show and reality TV in general with all the cast members when I have run into them. To me its been fun to get some insight to the inner workings of these things and to get a participant's view point vs. the aired directors view point.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

<-- Apparently one of a very few people on this planet that liked the show. Well me and the wife that is.

I have very much enjoyed talking about the show and reality TV in general with all the cast members when I have run into them. To me its been fun to get some insight to the inner workings of these things and to get a participant's view point vs. the aired directors view point.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

Well said. . . . there was a LOT more to the show than what was on television. . . . and no respectful pyrate lets ratings rule what he or she enjoys on ye ol' boob tube. I raise one to ye and yer lady Greydog. . "here's to swimin' with bow-legged women"