Ahoy!

j8ksdad

I'm the latest new guy in port.

My wife and I went to our first ren faire and pirate festival last year. We live just North of San Diego. I have decided that I’m not much into the “ren faire look” and would much rather be a pirate.

I have a bit kit of kit in progress. Linen shirt is finished and another in the works, poorly sized and constructed slops finished, new canvas trousers in the works, Fugawee buckle shoes, and a tricorn from Capt. Jack is on the way and a short jacket is also in the works (needing some button from GoF).

I hope to meet some of you this coming year. We hope to attend Ojai and if there is a repeat of the festival in Vista we will be there.

Fair Winds

Scott

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

I've got most of a bottle of Cruzan Single Barrel I'm willing to share.

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Yaaaar Welcome Scott! Always good to see another mate from So. Cal.

Good call on the Cpt. Jack hat, I own one myself and it's a thing o' beauty. Which is good because of how long it takes to get one. :lol:

If ye ever need a piece of garb but don't have a lot of money

http://www.centerstagecostumes.com/

Margaret is the sweetest and works rather fast even though she's too modest to admit it.

Many posters here at the pub sell items or have great info on how to make them. I'm sure the moderators of the pub would just ask to post in the correct forum. :lol:

Come around all ye like and have fun, ask question or just be a pirate.

Yaaaaaar!

~QM

Edited by Thequartermaster

Thnaks for the welcome mates.

I picked the Limited Edition Skallywagg Hat, 23" which arrived in the mali today, about 4 weeks early! Too bad it is about 2 sizes too small. It fits my 4 year old great with a scarf under it. I'm going to attempt to steam and stretch it. we'll see. I might have to order a different model in a larger size. I love the look of this one but it only comes in one size.

Welcome to th' Pub. Smart man ye be with such a good start on yo'r attire. I doubt ye'll be disappointed. :unsure: Can't wait t' see ye and th' wifey in yo'r piratical attire.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I picked the Limited Edition Skallywagg Hat, 23" which arrived in the mali today, about 4 weeks early! Too bad it is about 2 sizes too small. It fits my 4 year old great with a scarf under it. I'm going to attempt to steam and stretch it. we'll see. I might have to order a different model in a larger size. I love the look of this one but it only comes in one size.

Yaaar that is a good looking one for sure. The Filibuster just looked too good for me to pass up.

I like the Skallywagg because even if you fail at stretching or the felt bursts open then it will probably just look more piraty. :unsure:

Yaaar that is a good looking one for sure. The Filibuster just looked too good for me to pass up.

I like the Skallywagg because even if you fail at stretching or the felt bursts open then it will probably just look more piraty. :unsure:

The Filibuster be a fine lookin' hat as well! I think I might try the Buccaneer or Pirata next. But first... too the steam!

The Filibuster be a fine lookin' hat as well! I think I might try the Buccaneer or Pirata next. But first... too the steam!

What was funny to me was I first ordered a Buccaneer but asked for a flat back instead of the standard curved. Cpt. Jack then told me he already did that and calls it a filibuster.

Pirates think alike I guess.

Good luck on the steamin, mate.

Edited by Thequartermaster

Ahoy Lad and welcome aboard.

If ye go to Cutthroats of Corona be sure and look us up, and say hello. We be the Alliance of the Double Cross. You can tell us by the flag with the skull in the middle and crossed bones on each side.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Ahoy Lad and welcome aboard.

If ye go to Cutthroats of Corona be sure and look us up, and say hello. We be the Alliance of the Double Cross. You can tell us by the flag with the skull in the middle and crossed bones on each side.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

We'll be keepin' an eye out for ye at Corona. Also, I'll be at the L.O.R.E. weekend.

Welcome Aboard

Thanks Pappy!

Welcome to the Pub!

I live in north county San Diego (San Marcos) so I'm guessing you're not too far from me.

I highly recommend the Escondido Renaissance Faire in April (25th and 26th, May 2-3) as there is Pirates Cove which is where you'll find most of us pirates.

Welcome to the Pub!

I live in north county San Diego (San Marcos) so I'm guessing you're not too far from me.

I highly recommend the Escondido Renaissance Faire in April (25th and 26th, May 2-3) as there is Pirates Cove which is where you'll find most of us pirates.

We live in Escondido about 1.5 miles from the Escondido Ren Faire. We went for the first time last fall and had a blast. Liked it so much the first day that we ended up going all four days. I'll see you there in the spring.

I have been remiss in your welcome sir and do humbly beg your pardon, but I do hope you enjoy the pub and please let us know if we can assist you in any way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png