Contact Person for Port Washington Pirate Festival?

Jib

For the past 5 years I have done a free kids game at the Minnesota Renniassance Festival. For the first time in a few years I have the weekend open for Port Washington Pirate Festival and I'd like to bring the game to share. I am having no luck contacting the organizers. The first fellow I dealt with stepped down from his role with the Port Washington Pirate Festival. The person he suggested I contact has not returned my emails (with photos of the kids game). Just wondered if any of you are "in the know" of who I should contact. Note: I am not asking for any money, just permission.

Don't be feelin' bad, Jib. I've not heard a thing, either. I didn't send in an application this year. Reason being it's mostly likely not necessary.

Only other person I know of who is rather reliable is not on the Pub to my awareness. And he's rather in the dark, too.

It does concern me as by this time last year we had LOTS of info sent to us and even a script for the Daily scenarios. But, nothing has come in yet either.

I'll talk to Jack Sparrow and find out what goes.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

This probably isn't much help, but I guess I would try a general appeal to the Festival.

entertainment@portpiratefestival.com

I can't imagine they will turn down entertainment that's free. They've always been very accommodating to the Fool's Gold crew. All we asked for was a space on the festival grounds.

I have heard that getting info back from festival folk has been difficult. I'm fairly sure not a whole lot has been planned yet for this year -- they usually don't really get rolling until spring.

Jib,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble reaching Port Washington Pirate Festival management - I don't recall if I drew the connection with you in our emails, but that was me you chatted with. For what it's worth, you're not alone, nor should you take it personally that they've not been getting back to you. One of the largest reasons for my resignation was that - even as a supposed manager of the festival - I had no more luck than you at maintaining communication with the festival's owner/director/ultimate decision maker.

All I can tell you is that the person I directed you to is really the *only* person who has any real say in festival matters at this time, and so I would advise persistance if you would like to participate. The email I provided does reach her, as should the Festival's official phone number: 262-284-6652.

Best of luck mate - and I hope to see you in June (I'll be there, albiet as an attendee. Possibly drunk.)

I AM BILGEMUNKY

<< definitley drunk, after hours, along side Bilgemonkey

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Bilge Monkey,

No worries and thanks for the assistance. I will try the phone number this upcoming weekend to see if I can get a little direction. I think it's a nice game for kids (perhaps Merry Death and Red Bess could agree?) and might offer a little more to the Festival. Either way I will be there too!

I did play Jib's boat game (and I think one of the boys did, too) and it would be very nice to have at PW. Personally, I think anything that adds to the "street fair" atmosphere of the Festival would be welcome. While being a drunken pirate is fun (in the evenings anyway) it's the colorful, family-friendly atmosphere that makes Port Washington such a nice festival.

But can we please, please, have nice weather this year? :rolleyes:

Such a game would be a hit at Port Wash then. :)

I just hope this person in charge moves a bit cause oddly enough, no news is starting to worry me. At least by this time last year and the previous year I had at least 5 emails concerning Port Wash. So, yes... I'm mighty concerned. And the website hasn't been updated in a while, either.

~Lady B

• 2 weeks later...

No word yet, Jib.

:::Shrugs::: I don't know if we should worry or not. Truthfully. From my understanding, the Pirate Festival is still a go. But no one has heard nothing from the head person in charge of the event. So... :::Shrugs:::

~Lady B

David...the guys in charge of the "battle scenario/fight show'...has been in contact with me....so as far as i know...he at least is still plannin on a go.....

i'll send a word out...to see who would be the best contact for that....and i know that Bilgemonkey has been part of the orginization in the past....he might have the info you seek...or at least can pass ya in the right direction??

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Dogge... How is the Port Wash scenario coming? I've not heard anything about this. Heck, like I said, not heard a thing about the whole event. As always, I'm up for involvement in the scenario. And.. hopefully... this time, my damn doglock 'll work!

~Lady B

I'm sorry I haven't been more helpful in this matter - the owner of the festival and I are not on speaking terms, which means most all my information is second-hand or speculative.

To the best of my knowledge, the following are true:

1. By all accounts, the festival *is* still on

2. Many of the bands and entertainers have not yet received their contracts or even a verbal confirmation that they are going to be hired

3. Ditto for the ships

4. Many within the city of Port Washington are just as uneasy as everyone here, as the festival has largely remained a communication black hole (meaning lots goes in, but nothing comes out.)

So what to take away from this? I really don't know. *I* will be in Port Washington, rain or shine, festival or no. If there is a festival, I'll be there. If there is not, we'll take the party elsewhere. And that's all there is to it.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Tis one of those things that some are on a "need to know" if th Festival is happening or not.

Why?

Hotel rooms have been reserved and if not cancelled in time, are charged and that means pissed people with lost money. Plus, some are coming from great distances. Don't want to waste gas getting to an event that is not happening. Just a waste of time, whether a participant or spectator.

I guess we will find out.. hopefully.

Thanks for the info, Bilge. Truly ye've been a fantastic help plus yo'r work on the festival in the past has not fallen on deaf ears and unnoticed. We know ye've worked hard on this fest. Thank ye for the fun these past couple of years.

~Lady B

Oh, I fully understand the need to know issue - it's just that I don't know myself, and I likely won't really know for certain until the weekend of the festival. Why? Because it's my experience that the owner of the festival is entirely capable of waiting until the week of the festival and then trying to cancel it. But she's also capable of somehow pulling a more-or-less successful festival together despite all signs to the contrary. So any advice I could give to fellow pirates - to invest your time and gas or to not - would entirely be based on guess-work and pieces of half-information I've been able to assemble, and therefore not worth much.

Rest assured that I continue to tap my sources within the city of Port Washington, and the moment I know something solid - one way or the other - I'll share. Until then it's a pissy waiting game.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

LOL. Pissy waiting game is indeed what it is, Bilge.

Thank you nevertheless. You have always been a fabulous help.

Well, another person so stated that the Port Wash COC says the Festival is still on. And supposedly here is the "new" contact number: 262-388-9762

And yes, do try and find something concrete. Lots of people are apparently trying to find out if there is a festival this year or not, and generally want to participate as always. Mid-March and being left in the dark I know people don't like.

But again, thank ye so much bilge. Ye've been a good help.

~Lady B

TJ (the tall Jack Sparrow most everyone saw last year) got a call from Kim M. Port Washington will happen this year. :) So, all of ye planning, it's official, the word is a go, there will be a festival. :)

Shall look forward to seeing the lot of ye there (hopefully). My fortunes have to improve much for me to attend though.

~Lady B

The phone message I got when I called the number Bilge Monkey placed on this site mentioned something about a shop in Port Washington and gave me a new number. When I called the second number it did indicate the date of the 2009 festival. It sounded positive for this year.

Now if I can get them to let me bring my game...

The name Kimberly McCulloch comes to mind. She was in charge of the vendors, but if I remember there were two (2) Kims working this event.

Here's the physical Address

Port Washington Festivals, Inc.

126 E Main Street

Port Washington, WI 53074

262-284-6652

admin@portpiratefestival.com

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

• 2 weeks later...

Some good news! I was contacted by "Tracy" who has offered to help me with a proposal to bring the Hurricane game to Port Washington. I sent off the Proposal and photos today.

And that also means that the Festival is on as scheduled!