SlideShow's new Blackbeard!

MadL

Th' blaggard ilk wait'd till I got laid before release'n this?!!!???!!? :o

SlideShow's Exclusive Blackbeard

description:

Limited Edition: 500

The Blackbeard Premium Format figure is a stunning 1:4 scale museum quality piece. Wielding his pistol and sword, Blackbeard stands 20 inches tall atop the display base. Each piece is cast in high-quality polystone, then hand-painted and hand-finished to Sideshow's exacting standard. The figure is dressed in an incredibly detailed fabric costume, complete with leather pouches and real metal elements. This stunning figure is the ultimate representation of the legendary pirate Blackbeard, an outstanding addition to any collection.

Product Type:

Premium Format Figure

Product Size:

20" H (508mm) x 17" W (431.8mm) x 9.5" D (241.3mm)*

Product Weight:

10.00 lbs (4.54 kg)*

Box Size:

22.00" H (558.8mm) x 19.00" W (482.6mm) x 12.00" L (304.8mm)*

Est. Shipping Weight:

10.00 lbs (4.54 kg)*

Backstory:

A warning shot fired, the explosion of a cannon rocks the merchant ship. Firing back in defense, the merchant's musket balls fly, answered by makeshift grenades that litter the deck with glass and choking black smoke. Through the dark cloud of gunpowder, gruff crewmen begin to board the merchant vessel, screaming curses and threats with axes and swords drawn. Their captain is close behind, snarling through his gritted teeth. His holster holds six pistols with another in hand and a sword at the ready. His full and weathered beard is braided and tied with ribbons. Ropes hang from beneath his hat like snakes adding to his ominous appearance. His menacing stare dares the merchants to fight back. The most notorious and fearsome brigand on the waters, Blackbeard has pirated another ship.

In the early 18th century, sailors on the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea lived in fear of the legendary pirate Blackbeard, captain of the Queen Anne's Revenge. Known as the fiercest and most ruthless pirate on the waters, his reputation spread quickly and far. Soon, his crew was able to overtake ships based on fear alone, with merchant vessels and seamen rarely brave enough to give chase, knowing it would be their last adventure.

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Did ye get a gander at th' close up shots o' he's hand? Fantastic paint job! Ye will not find anything like that in no bubble gum wrapper!

I have several of the LOTR collectibles (statues, environments and figures) from Sideshow and I can vouch for their quality. They are gorgeous art pieces, and while $300 may seem awful steep, when you see the attention to detail and intricacy of the work close up, it really is a very fair price.

Aye, I too have Gandalf th' Grey statue 'n Gandalf th' White on Shadowfax, both currently in storage for pre-emtive move, but I can attest that SlideShow does very fine detail - just P.O.ed they wait'd so long t' release this one...oh, I also have their Blackbeard articulated one...th' detail on their statues be 100% greater then any of th' articulated ones.

I've seen this bad boy up close n personal at the SideShow booth at a couple of conventions... It's amazing!

It depicts the Captain as everything we want him t' be.

Wish I could afford one...

Commodore Ashton "WeirdBeard" Synn

NyghtCraftLogoRed.jpg

Highest Quality Handcrafted Leather on or off the 7 seas!

It is a pleasure seeing a product showcasing that level of care. Agreed, the reddening of the knuckles, to the twist of his cravat ~ I have not seen pieces with such exceptional attention to historical accuracy and detail.

The stamp on th' bottom does naught say "Made in Taiwan"

:lol: