Capt. Bo's Stink-Off camp

I'm going to go for an overnighter on my Uncles place here in Missourah. Anyone wants to come go fer a woodswalk, help me eat venison, taters, catfish and other goodies 'round the fire, and drink a bottle of Sea Wynde, let me know by Friday mornin this week. We'll leave out early Saturday, stay over and head bck Sunday when we damn well feel like it. Anyone up and close?? Weather be damned! I'm going to excercise me leg and me drinkin arm!

Bo

• 2 weeks later...

I got to go out in the snow yesterday, but did not try to camp. We had seven inches of snow friday night and saturday. I went for a nice loooong woodswalk, but the knee ain't ready for a cold camp just yet (down to 16f last night). By the time I covered the five or six miles on the fresh snow, I was really glad to see the house. My leg is pretty swollen this mornin, but it was a good workout anyway. Too bad huntin seasons are all over with right now, I coulda filled the smokehouse with deer and turkey yesterday. Now I want to go again for a week long rompus! I'll take a horse next time!

Bo

I got to go out in the snow yesterday, but did not try to camp. We had seven inches of snow friday night and saturday. I went for a nice loooong woodswalk, but the knee ain't ready for a cold camp just yet (down to 16f last night). By the time I covered the five or six miles on the fresh snow, I was really glad to see the house. My leg is pretty swollen this mornin, but it was a good workout anyway. Too bad huntin seasons are all over with right now, I coulda filled the smokehouse with deer and turkey yesterday. Now I want to go again for a week long rompus! I'll take a horse next time!

Bo

Glad you were able to get out and do the walk. 16f :lol: !?!? Danm but me bones are aching just looking at the temp <_< Good to see ya up and about.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Now that idea of the horse sounds good to me ...it's been too long since i went out camping from horseback

i know a bit about the knees swelling from too much walking ...got no cartilage in me knees these days been grinding away after a fall ten+years ago

Now that idea of the horse sounds good to me ...it's been too long since i went out camping from horseback

i know a bit about the knees swelling from too much walking ...got no cartilage in me knees these days been grinding away after a fall ten+years ago

Then get yerselves out here and we'll go horseback camping then. I'd prefer waiting til after the winter stuff is over though.

I wish I had gotten my workshop finished before my shoulders gave out and I had to change careers. It sucks having to wait for weather to work on anything! I'm already way behind and this is March already! I have the lantern holders in stage two on the bench, but haven't been able to get past that for weeks. Two pikes in the beginnings, a shovel, all laying on the bench. :rolleyes: Now I have a boat trailer and our horse trailer waiting on me to do something with them, and I still have to learn about laying stone so I can rebuild the fireplace that had to be taken down last year. I think I'm gonna just stay out in the woods next time I go. :rolleyes:

Bo