Thank you! From Nikki The Journo...

Hello to all the splendid pyrates I met whilst at PiP covering it for the Sunday Mirror... I had a wonderful time which I'm re-living whilst writing it all up at the moment... I'll be including a link to this site as a good place for prospective Brit Pirates to start if that's OK... again - thank you all for the fun that i had - I'm already missing you all! X

Hello to all the splendid pyrates I met whilst at PiP covering it for the Sunday Mirror... I had a wonderful time which I'm re-living whilst writing it all up at the moment... I'll be including a link to this site as a good place for prospective Brit Pirates to start if that's OK... again - thank you all for the fun that i had - I'm already missing you all! X

Ahoy, Nikki....

I'm glad you were able to make it to PiP. I enjoyed hanging out with you. I hope your write-up in the Mirror is well received.

>>>> Cascabel

I'm afraid I didn't get to meet you, Nikki, but of course you can publish our site as that's why we're here. Glad you had a good time. Come see us again and next time, come in garb and join the fun and write about it from behind the scenes. If you think it was fun to spectate, wait until you participate.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Oh, I got to have plenty of fun, thanks to you all - I never thought I'd be shooting off a blunderbuss before settling down for some singing but you chaps are terribly persuasive...

Aye, a bunch o' "chaps" running about with swords, knives, axes, pistols, belaying pins, long guns, cannons and a blunderbuss or two; Aye, persuasive, that's us.

3ff66f1f.jpg

Nikki, darling girl!! I can hardly wait to read your account. It was so very much fun playing pirate with you, last year a blunderbuss next year CANNON! And we need to get you your own hat..though you looked fabulous in Stynky's.

ohh and singing you did... you chaps need to hear her lovely voice, so pure... she's certainly a sweet sultry syren.

Edited by RustyNell

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

I believe there are several shots of her firing in the Callahan's photos. I wish I could tell you where they are, but after searching everything on their site related to the Journal my mind is still wobbling. (In one of the dozen or so folders, I think they have more photos than all the rest of us took combined!)

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I'm afraid I didn't get to meet you, Nikki. . .
. . .Thanks to Stynky for the loan of his lovely hat!

1el6io.jpg

Oh Jim I'm sure you met her, she's the cute little blond with the horribly fake British accent.

Nikki, you really need to work on that for next year. You should try watching stuff like the BBC, Monty Python, Doctor Who and Benny Hill. The accent that you have now - sounds like you're from Orange County and that you watch a lot of West Wing.

OMG - just look at that little minx, she stole my hat!

<snip>

Nobody needs to steal your hat. You said you'd sell your own mother - God bless her soul- for $20. (I remember.)

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

<snip>

Nobody needs to steal your hat. You said you'd sell your own mother - God bless her soul- for $20. (I remember.)

Do you mean to tell me that Stynky actually owns a hat of his own, and doesn't simply "stop the music" when one lands on his head? I kind of figured that he shuffles hats around until he finds one that fits and then slinks off into the night to sell it for more mead.

3ff66f1f.jpg

I feel almost bad about this but seriously, Stynky - I DONT HAVE YOUR HAT!! Who does? Not me... alas - I thought I might attract a little attention trying to creep back on the flight home to Blighty in that lil' beauty... actually - maybe I left it with Braze??

Hopefully someone burned it in effigy... :D

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Bout time someone stole something of Stinky's!

Oi Cheeks and I stole his bottle of Pyrate's Choice... oh wait, that was Jim's bottle, that Stynky stole from him....we just kind of stole it back...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Bout time someone stole something of Stinky's!

Oi Cheeks and I stole his bottle of Pyrate's Choice... oh wait, that was Jim's bottle, that Stynky stole from him....we just kind of stole it back...

Actually, Don left 3 in the Oar House II when he disappeared. I gave one out (the one Stynky "stole"), kept one guarded as I and others partook and hid the other in my sea chest pending Stynky stealing the one I was guarding.

3ff66f1f.jpg

Nah... nah... nah... the bottles a' mead.... the three wot Stynky stole, an' I kinka carried back ter the Ordinary, (just so Stynky wouldn't stumble, fall and break 'em...)

Thats wot we drank fer the rest of th' night..... alla that mead.... (If I said ... remember that mead... no one wot was there...would....)

I stoll them from Stynky.... and then gave it all away..... (well drank me fill, and then gave Stynky the little wot was left in th' bottles after we passed 'em around....)

And I still have me hat..... :o

Nah... nah... nah... the bottles a' mead.... the three wot Stynky stole, an' I kinka carried back ter the Ordinary, (just so Stynky wouldn't stumble, fall and break 'em...)

Wait...Stynky stole 3? Or do you mean the 3 he conned people into buying for him? He only stole one that I know of. (Of course, it could be successfully argued that my memory was unreliable after the third or fourth bottle he conned out of the unsuspecting. Gawd, that stuff sneaks up on you...)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Do you mean to tell me that Stynky actually owns a hat of his own, and doesn't simply "stop the music" when one lands on his head? I kind of figured that he shuffles hats around until he finds one that fits and then slinks off into the night to sell it for more mead.

Actually Mission, I don't need to sell my Mom - she's a good resource. She's a bit OCD and cleans house real well, I just realized that I can rent her out for mead money periodically. It's amazing what she can find in a couch.

But Jim - isn't that how it's done? Wait around for the music to stop - then wandering off with the hat on your head, the tankards closest to you and the occasional bone saw.

Stynky - I DONT HAVE YOUR HAT!!... actually - maybe I left it with Braze??

*sigh* And people don't think us American's get British humor. Ha ha ha, You Brits are so delightful!

I know I already said that to you on MySpace

Sorry but the, Oh I gave it to Somebody thing, really doesn't become you. There's no need to pawn your thievery off on poor Braze - I've already been to his house and gotten all the stuff he stole from me.

Really it's okay, I'm not mad at you anymore - it's a fair cop - just admit it.

• 1 month later...