Any Florida Pirates in ye here Port??

Lady Elaina

soon lass...soon : )

any good tips on where to be during invasion / parade? or is the $20 worth it for "bleacher seats"?

thanks!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Sure thing Paisley,

I be going to a meeting on Monday. I'll be giving you all the last details we be needing for this Pirate Invasion. This is me first Gasparilla, so I am getting as much info as possible, (Virgin Gasparillette)

Talk with you soon lass,

Gabrielle :lol:

cabinfreindsbanner-vi.jpg

Sounds like a grand time m'Lady... I just hope your "Titanic" float, well, floats! *shakes head slowly and sadly*

The fortunes don't bode well, alas. . .

Have fun! One of these years I'd love to go. . .

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Elo there lass!! (Goddess in the Bodice)

Welcome to the pirate world!!! The Pyrates of the Coast are a wonderful talented group of shipmates, the finest a lass can have in these parts. Hope to see ya soon lass!!

Btw, have you tried Olaf's "magic rum" recipe yet??

"lifts her glass"

Gabrielle :lol:

Allo there Lady Elaina. While I did have the pleasure of meeting Olaf in Paradise, I did not have the experience of Olaf's elixir, but I have been able to aid some that did and then had a troubled time remembering how their legs operated. :lol:

I heartily agree that I lucked out in stumbling into the Captain and Crewe of the Pyrates of the Coast. Hey, I liked the guys so much, I even married 2 of them!!!

I too plan on heading over to Gasparilla, and am also a 'Gasparilla Virgin', so please, spread the wealth of information you gather!!!!

Michelle

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Nice to meet you!! I may be out to St Augustine this year for the first time,, I  be lookin forward to it!!!

<_<

I am sure you will love it here in St. Augustine. It is seeped in History with lots of places to go and things to see. I've been all over the world and each time could not wait to return home. I can not think of living anywhere else. But then again I did love Key West when I lived there as a boy.

Fair Winds

Joe

Ok everyone, here is whatI have from the meeting,

Yes the bleacher seats are worth it, you will be bombarded with beads and not be trampled by spectators (that happened to a freind of mine) There will be about 1 million or more people in the audience, pls be careful.

The best bleacher seats are where I am putting my family, the Marina section. That way you can walk over to the pirate fest and listen to good music and hang out.

I have to go to a bead Ball around 5pm, but will not stay all night, I will be exhausted, my krewe is not in the floatilla this year (thank god, we would have to be up at 7 am or earlier) and the parade lasts till 5 pm.

I myself will be throwing 1,000 strands of beads and have to get belts to hold them all. Our float is the sinking Titanic. I will be wearing Kate Winslet's dinner dress in that one. We will all be on TV, even the audience. This is the 100 year celebration, so it is going to be big. Our float position is 31, which is a big deal because there is 120 floats or more in this parade.

My family and I will be staying at the Hilton, which is right in the middle of everything. If you need info about where to stay, pls feel free to contact me right away. I have lots of info here, and treasure, and info on where to park.

Hugs and cutlasses,

Gabrielle :huh: