New Pirate Museum coming!

Bilgemunky

Seems Key West will be getting a new pirate museum shortly. The article can be found here.

Or, just read it below

Pirate Museum Planned for Key West, Fla.

KEY WEST, Fla. — Former Philadelphia 76ers president Pat Croce plans to open a pirate museum in this island city, once a base for seafaring outlaws.

Croce, known for his daredevil personality, bought a building in Key West's (search) downtown for $3 million last week. He hopes to open Pirate Soul in the fall.

He said the museum will feature items from his pirate collection, including a treasure chest from Capt. Thomas Tew (search) and the last journal from Capt. William Kidd (search), a 17th century pirate who was executed for his crimes. Croce also wants to borrow or lease other items.

"I want people to say, 'Wow!' when they see it. We'll take them back in time," Croce, who lives in the Philadelphia area and owns two homes in Key West, told the Key West Citizen.

Asked about his interest in pirates, he showed his tattoos of a pirate ship and the Jolly Roger flag, and said, "Life is a bold and daring adventure."

Croce, who first worked for the Sixers as a physical therapist and taped ankles for the NHL's Philadelphia Flyers, is a self-made millionaire. He was president and minority owner of the 76ers from 1996-2001. In 1996, he oversaw the drafting of Allen Iverson, who became the team's star.

"I've had offers to run other teams, but I've been there, done that," Croce said.

Instead, he's been an NBA television analyst for NBC and three years ago published an autobiography, "I Feel Great." He has most recently been a commentator on the Spike network, and he's signed on as a martial arts commentator for NBC at the 2004 Olympics in Athens, Greece.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

So that's who bought that chest! I wondered after the Christie's Driscoll Piracy Library auction who bought it. The estimated price was $8,000.00-$12,000.00 Went for get this ..... $63,450.00!!!!!! This man defiantely has the bucks to do this! :)

Hmm I winder if he bought Tew sword as well...?

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency