UPDATES

Dutchman

Ahoy!

Here's what happened today. It was a quiet day as far as PIP is concerned. But some of the earlier PIP crewe members were invited out for a photo session with the Callahans. Among those who were being photographed for 3 hours or so were Braze, Cascabel, Stynky, Bawdy Be, Hurricane and Myself.

It was a rip roaring time....a few of the highlights include Stynky looking up my skirt, me looking up his slops, Cascabel repeatedly screaming that 'my headlights were on' after I took a dip in the ocean, bodice and all, Braze trying to compare skull and crossbones thongs.... and well... I was laughing so hard I have myself a damned headache....

The pictures, no doubt, will be both magnificent and excellent blackmail....

Tomorrow is The Norma Miller Sail and B-day bash! Will check in afterwards.

Safe travels to all heading this way.

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

I must say... there are people here wishing to find a venue that is like a pirate Woodstock -- a gathering of epic proportions -- it's right here folks. Five days before the actual Fort Fest and Key West is brimming with pirates -- the likes of Cascabel, Braze, Stynky, Bawdy Be, the entire Bone Island Buccaneers, some great folks from up Great Lakes way, Liberte -- I can't keep up with all the people I've heard of, met casually and count as good friends.

The people here are all welcoming, accepting and friendly. Yesterday, we were bringing the doglocks back from the van in civvies -- no one batted an eye as Diosa walked down the street with two huge guns. I so love Key West. Like a second home and a long lost friend.

When the weather turned ill on the Mohawk after the End of Hurricane party, a bunch of us -- most strangers -- just had an impromptu party in the galley. The master of the ship gave us a little tour while we there to see the shortwave radio that authorized the launch of D-Day -- it still works by the way.

Mikko, one of the mates on the Schooner WOLF, braved the elements, donned a garbage bag and made it to and back from the ship, all for two bottles of Pirate's Choice Rum (oh, and for people who love that, there were cases and cases of it aboard ship and in the back of the owner's van). When Diosa lost her hat in the wind, everyone went to the side of the ship to try to save it without even asking.

Today, we were at the beach and all the pirates there were just so full of fun and friendship. No politics. No backstabbing. Just hilarity. Three hours seemed like three minutes because we were all having such a great time with the photos the Callahans graciously take of all of us and give to us for free. They are the most wonderful people in the world, bar none, in or out of piracy.

And when it was all done - Diosa and Stynky took a dip in the turquoise waters in their pirate togs. The fort is all ready for us to set up our encampments for free as Harry does so wonderfully each year. It is a labor of love to him and his staff and we are so welcomed there.

That to me is what a pirate event should be and is here.

There's no other place like Key West - it really is just one big human family. And there's no place like Pirates in Paradise, which, by the way, is having their 10th anniversary next year so put it on your calendars now.

-- Hurricane

Oh, and I totally forgot five tall ships in the harbor to shoot guns off of and go sailing aboard every day.

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

The crew of the Pirates of Ponce Inllet, Disappearing Island are about to set sail and will be there in time for the Buxom Wench Bad Ass Pirate contest tomorrow night. There are 6 adullt pirates and 3 bilge rats.

Same question as in St. Augustine....Are weapons ok on the streets?

We have our hands drums ready and are ready to play (in all forms of the word).

We are anxious to see old friends and meet new ones.

FLmermaid

When Diosa lost her hat in the wind, everyone went to the side of the ship to try to save it without even asking.

Sounds like '03... That time at the "one eyed Pirate Party" when a lovely female pirate was showing me her brand new hat, and the wind picked it up and carried it away into the ocean. We all took our hats off and held them over our hearts in a mock memorial. I remember your statement: "That hat is going to make some little cuban boy VERY happy."

I miss you guys - but my aim is getting better!

Edited by Nigel

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

ARRGGGHHHH!

I'm landlocked and snowbound!

BTW, Capitan and Diosa, I am making good use of your (mocK) going away present - the ski gloves!!! We got our first snow this week.

BBBRRRRRR!!!!

I remember this time last year!

http://bp2.blogger.com/_4iEj8EzENO0/R19d6c...IMAG0119x25.JPG

Ahh.... Now THAT'S the way to spend the early part of December!

My regards to the crewe... Have fun (duh) and raise a pint o' the best rum fer ME!!!!

Nige(l)

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

hey, if'n any of you see Capt Jim, please let him know I sent a message regarding a description correction on the item sent for the auction. I really want to be sure he sees that before the auction.

thanks

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

I just got off the phone with Fayma, so I'm passing along many updates.

First, they already took Stynky out for a birthday lunch and he is having a very nice birthday indeed. I mean, how could you have a bad birthday in Key West without trying to have a bad one?

Second...PIP is huge this year. From all reports, it has grown everywhere. There are so many vendors in the fort that they're running out of space and are considering placing people outside the gates. They've had to create a kind of street within the parade grounds in order to maintain enough space for the battles and fight circle. Tents everywhere.

The Discovery Channel is at PIP this year filming and the host of the film is evidently dressed as "one of the worst dressed pirates ever", complete with fake parrot. Details about the show they're filming for and the air dates will most likely follow.

Everyone is getting properly sauced on rum and having a wonderful time.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

I just got off the phone with Fayma, so I'm passing along many updates.

First, they already took Stynky out for a birthday lunch and he is having a very nice birthday indeed. I mean, how could you have a bad birthday in Key West without trying to have a bad one?

Second...PIP is huge this year. From all reports, it has grown everywhere. There are so many vendors in the fort that they're running out of space and are considering placing people outside the gates. They've had to create a kind of street within the parade grounds in order to maintain enough space for the battles and fight circle. Tents everywhere.

The Discovery Channel is at PIP this year filming and the host of the film is evidently dressed as "one of the worst dressed pirates ever", complete with fake parrot. Details about the show they're filming for and the air dates will most likely follow.

Everyone is getting properly sauced on rum and having a wonderful time.

So very much enjoyed the screening of the film, thanks for sharing that.... .you hurt my last rib...one thing is certain about PIP so much laughter!

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce