FINALLY! IT'S DONE!

Rumba Rue

Congratulations! There's nothing more satisfying than having your own walls, floors and roof!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Thank you all, we are starting to move stuff today and the furniture and some other things will be moved the day after Thanksgiving and then we will officially be in our new home.

It's been a long road, three months from the time I first saw the place and knew it was the one.

Things would have gone smoother but thanks to Govenator Arnie, everything in Sacramento is screwed up due to layoffs. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.

Now I'll tell you all the cat from hell story:

Bunch of us went back to the apartment to get the last four cats, three fine, into carriers no problem. But Kiki was in panic mode and when my friend Bob tried to catch her, she bit him pretty bad. When I tried to catch her, she bit me so hard in my left hand, she hit bone!

Bloodied, we finally managed to get the damn cat into the carrier .

Within an hour my hand swelled up huge and hurt like hell, couldn't bend my thumb.

By Tuesday it was clear I had infections where I had been bitten. Off to the doctor, given a tetnus shot and antibiotics. Happy to tell the infections are gone and my hand is no longer swollen and I can move my thumb.

Hopefully we will never have to attempt to pick her up again........ :D

Thank you.

Now I'll tell you all the cat from hell story:

Bunch of us went back to the apartment to get the last four cats, three fine, into carriers no problem. But Kiki was in panic mode and when my friend Bob tried to catch her, she bit him pretty bad. When I tried to catch her, she bit me so hard in my left hand, she hit bone!

Bloodied, we finally managed to get the damn cat into the carrier .

Within an hour my hand swelled up huge and hurt like hell, couldn't bend my thumb.

By Tuesday it was clear I had infections where I had been bitten. Off to the doctor, given a tetnus shot and antibiotics. Happy to tell the infections are gone and my hand is no longer swollen and I can move my thumb.

Hopefully we will never have to attempt to pick her up again........ :D

A cat's bite can be dangerous if it breaks the skin. It's because their saliva has a little bit of toxin. My aunt's cat had bit her so hard it broke the skin. He was jealous of the new kitten she brought home. She was petting the kitten and then went to pet him to show she hadn't forgotten him. He wasn't having any of that and sunk his teeth into her arm. She called my mom and had her take her to the doctor immediately. He said it was a good thing she didn't wait because the poison from the bite was going thru her system. Scary huh? I have 2 cats myself, the little buggers, hopefully they never bite me like that, ugh!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Congratulation on your new digs, Rumba. Sorry to hear about you kitty ordeal — I've gt five cats, and so far, none have ever bitten me that bad. Actually, none have ever bitten me period. Must be lucky, I guess.

Anyway, cheers to you and your new home.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog