I Voted!

blackjohn

My polling place opened at 7. I left the house at 6:30, decided to get a cup of coffee, then headed over about 6:50. There was a line! I've never stood in a line to vote before. I did a head count, and there were about 70 people in front of me. By the time the doors opened there were at least 100 people in line. All told, it took me about a half an hour to get in and vote. On the way out the line was still long. It had dropped to about 60.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I early registered and voted via USPS. My actual voting experience was a pleasant one of tranquility and thoughtful deliberation.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

In Oregon they mail the ballots to your house. You can either mail them back in before Nov. 4th, or drop them off at different boxes around town, to be collected before the 4th. Chain Shot and I dropped ours off on Saturday morning at the court house. There were quite a few cars pulling up to the curb near the box, and people quickly dropping their ballots in, despite the fact that it was raining pretty hard.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I really need to consider voting early by mailing it in. Although, I'm kind of lucky this year since the polling is at my work. I'll just get over there a little bit earlier than my shift, vote and then clock in for work. I helped the lady set up last night since she was all by herself so I'm sure it'll be pretty simple when I go in later on today.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I voted to amend Maryland's constitution to allow for early voting. If I hadn't just stood in line, I'm not sure if I would have voted yes.

The building next door is a polling place. There has to be at least 300 people waiting in line.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

My dad went to vote this morning - got there when the poll opened at 7am and waited in line over an hour. My mom rolled out of bed after 9, went to the poll and walked right in - no one was there. She was back home in under 20 minutes.

See? IT PAYS TO SLEEP IN!

Edited by RedJessi

hearing everyone's votin woes with lines, leaves me lucky, that I can early vote. Though our polling places are weird. Hard to find and all.

*grumbles*

and then there is the creeper pole worker who watches ye vote. I told him t' back off twice.

My voting experience was painless. I walked in, waited with the wee lad for about 5 minutes, went over and got to vote. Oh, and the wee lad charmed all the ladies that were working the polls.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

If god had wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates. Voting only encourages them.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Leave'n in ten minutes t' set course fer me own vote'n poll, 'n this year I be vote'n fer More Festivals 'n More Rum Booths per festival.....oh, and fer th' right t' bear arms as well.

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

A lot of people in San Diego County voted early at the Registrar's office.

I did my usual drop-off-the-cabin-boys-at-school-then-over-to-my-polling-place. No line, in and out in 5 minutes. :)

I know long lines sound daunting but I hope you scurvy dogs show your pirate spirit and stay the course. It's actually exciting to see so many people coming out to vote.

And Starbucks is giving a free, regular coffee if you show them your proof of voting. B)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

aye,

callenish and meself went early this morn to cast our votes.......tracking the results online tonight with fingers crossed

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Voted this morning, in and out... Took Josh with me so he could see how the machine works and he wanted to be a part of the voting process in some form. Bean went with the spouse, so both got to be a part of it all.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

So now that we have all voted; were are we supposed to report to drop off all our guns to be melted down in the 'coal free' smelter?? (gosh, I wish electricity didn't cost so much, this solar powered flashlight just don't cut it!)

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

I live out in the country and I drive past my polling place to take the kids to school. There was a line of about 20 at 8 AM so I went home, had coffee and went back at 10. One person in line. Of course we have only one optical scanner, just to give you an idea of how thinly populated the area is. Now if they allowed cows to vote the lines would have been endless.

Hurricane, if you didn't vote you don't get to complain, either about the one you voted against or for. You didn't participate. Personally I think that America changed tonight, speaking as someone who grew up in the Jim Crow south.

President-elect Barack believes in the second amendment right as an individual right to keep and bear arms. My guns and yours are safe, MadL. Also, at least 30% of registered Dems are gun owners and the organisation of Dem gun owners is growing in opposition to the far left wing of the party. Thirty-eight states (last I looked) allow concealed weapons carry and have reciprocol recognition with other states. The old NRA bugaboo of sweeping weapons confiscation by the Dems is, if not dead, severely injured. Still I will agree that vigilance is needed.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...