THOUGHTS on the New Pub?

I was looking for the post that described the change of hands/catch up on all that has happened with the pub of the last month(s) but couldn't find it... so if there is one, sticky it... for a while anyway b'cause it was the first thing i looked for (and can't be alone) when the pub got back up and running...

That being said....

WOW!

I really like the sleek, no-nonsense look of the pub. I like how the forum is broken down into sections, and i LOVE the bio, mail, and pm abilities of the new format!

Great JOB!!!!!!

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I was looking for the post that described the change of hands/catch up on all that has happened with the pub of the last month(s) but couldn't find it... so if there is one, sticky it... for a while anyway b'cause it was the first thing i looked for (and can't be alone) when the pub got back up and running...

That being said....

WOW!

I really like the sleek, no-nonsense look of the pub. I like how the forum is broken down into sections, and i LOVE the bio, mail, and pm abilities of the new format!

Great JOB!!!!!!

GoF

Me apologies to ya Sir,

It's one of many things on me todo list. The changing of hands has only happened within the last couple or three weeks. And I've spent most of that time salvaging a downed database, converting data structures and fixing bugs inherited from the old system softwares.

I'm still in the process of building meself a trustworthy Crew of Moderators and trying to get the place organized. There's still quite a bit of work to be done and not enough hours in a day to do it in.

At some point hopefully soon, you can expect to see a more formal - mass email announcement and post here on the pub.

Thanks for the kind words and support.

Fair winds,

- Stynky

I'm fond of the little changes. For instance, you couldn't delete a PM at the source. You had to go to the Inbox list and check the message and then select delete. Now you can delete the message after viewing it directly. I'm a big fan of step saving and user friendly settings. Even the gallery seems easier, though I'm just glad to have it back.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

The contest got "Set back" by the deletion of the contest threads (it was an accidental deletion by a moderator), and it took so much effort to get it going, nominations etc, and collecting all the signature graphics on the contest page, that I lost all energy to restart it....

That being said, it might be a great way to kick off the Grand Reopening of the Pub! I still have a stack of prizes...

I'll start a new thread this weekend to see if there is interest.

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

It is nice to have a no nonsense look on the pub, and as more comes on line tis even better. More then that it is just nice to have it back up and runing, though the tavern be an equal port for us searats.

thanks be to those who have worked so hard at both forums, and particualr with getting the pub back and running

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

I have to agree with ya GoF - Stynky has done a wonderful job on the new pub. I too am enjoying the sleek look and easy to use features. Well done indeed Stynky and thank you very much.

Fair Winds

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

I think the "look and feel" stuff is put off until the forum is fixed. I talked to Stynky earlier this week and the forum software was sadly out of date, enabling all the garbage we had been seeing to take place. (You have to keep internet software up-to-date or the security is rapidly compromised.)

This is why unregistered users could post in some places, it's probably why those of you who have Pyracy Pub email accounts get lots of spam, it's why there was malware on the forum (despite what we were told, Stynky did indeed find virus-creating beasties planted hereabouts) and it's why several other little problems we had all come to accept existed. So as he hinted above, he's updating everything, pulling in all the board data, user accounts, mail accounts and other stuff we don't know about into the new board software while also trying to untangle the spaghetti-like code that most of us are not even aware exists. It's loads of work. (If you've never hunted software bugs, you probably can't appreciate what a royal pain-in-the-arse some of them can be. I've spent days tracking down what appear to be minor problems.)

"Look and feel" issues are taking a back seat to security and such. I doubt he'll get to that for a bit. In the mean time, let's all just enjoy the fact that the place is back up and running and continue to make suggestions so that Stynky can ignore them. :lol: (Actually, I find he listens to suggestions more than most board admins, so you may as well keep voicing 'em.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG