Garb on the lake/ocean?

Silent

So to enjoy the summer I'm spending most of my time on the lake. Since I don't know how to swim I bought a raft that I float in to enjoy the waves, the water, the laziness. My buddy and I go to the lake with our tricorns on, i guess pirate garb on the water is a big hit and makes people smile.

So do you have any stories of you on a normal day in your garb out on the water and what were peoples reactions!?

Done many canoe floats in garb. Mixed reactions at best from other floaters. When we are going in full kit with flintlocks and all, we have the river to ourselves in short order. <_< I have been propositioned by one or two...ahem...ladies at gas stations going to or from events though. Blondie overheard one of these and I'M the one who got slapped! Go figger. <_<

Bo

Several years back I was at Fort Niagara on the Lake Ontario.

It was for the reenactment of the Battle of said fort, and at the time I was portraying a half-breed. Some friends (not reenactors) who wanted to go to the falls, so we went, I in my kit, painted up, etc. The Falls aren't that far from the fort, yet no one there knew of the reenactment. I got plenty of questions and looks. We all had a grand time.

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I wear a doo rag on the plane usually along with a period shirt (the rag over my eyes helps me sleep) Add the tricorn to the head and sight - see in Tai-Pei Taiwan ., Inchon Seoul South Korea ., Manila and Cebu and Dumaguete City Philippines ., I've attended many catholic festivals this way in the Philippines and also many 400+ year old catholic cathedrals and of course the Basilica de Santo Nino Cebu. I dont notice for anyones looks ., however I've never experienced any bad comments., for the most part I just do what I do ., and enjoy it. Its not really a lake ., but it is 7107 islands. and yes ., you are correct the people on the water . Ferry boat captains ., scuba banca's and fisherman seem to give an accepting nod.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Normal? What normal? :ph34r:

Best time I was at a Lake (freakin' cold, too, for being in the middle of a hot summer) was at an event... in the early afternoon... and those of us who went to the Lake, went in our reenactment skivvies (breeches, shirts or chemise, petticoats) NOT the sunday best mind ye. Yeah, it was sexier than a wet tshirt contest!!!

We Dragoon ladies were astride the floaties and the vast majority of the gents were doing their best to "knock" us Dragoon ladies off the floaties without success. My reply after continuous laughing "We Dragoons know how to stay on!"

:huh::huh::huh:

Ahhhh... but ye can't beat a bunch of folks in the water soaked period clothing to the point it makes ANY bar wet t shirt contest just a wussy kids play! :ph34r: Oh, we know how to have fun.

Other than that... naw... never.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!