Replacement frizzens

Rats

Dixie Gun Works MAYBE... Try contacting Track of the Wolf too.

www.trackofthewolf.com 763-633-2500

www.dixiegunworks.com 800-238-6785

My good freind converted one to percussion a long time ago. I will see if he still has the frizzen, but this is a long shot.

best of luck to ya!

Bo

borrow someone elses tower pistol.....

then return it an say...

"i think your frizzen is cracked!?!"

as you go back to your camp an put on your new frizzen....

by the way...billie had a cracked frizzen....then he came back from Pike River...with new one....???

he didn't happen to borrow your tower pistol....did he?? <_<

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Depending on the depth of the crack, and where it is, you may get away with using it for a very long time. One of my rifles has a curved crack across the face of the frizzen that has been there for over 30 years of heavy use without a problem. It never progressed to the point of going all the way through. It likely only goes as deep as the case hardening on the surface.

>>>> Cascabel

It's a pretty good crack and looks like it's kinda spiderwebbing across the whole frizzen. I got red tagged at Beaufort and though I've never had any negative issues, would like to avoid similiar recurrences or accidents.

I'll give TotW a call

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Traditions has two size replacement frizzens i had to replace one of mine and it works great. Did have to enlarge the hole for the screw a bit to get it to fit.

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."