just join, Pirate Historian

Hello ,

just joined this forum , I was born and raised in the Carolinas, home of Blackbeard, I've always enjoyed Pirate history, I believe I might have some Pirate blood in me family.

The Carolinas is loaded with all kinds of pirate history.

Wales Produced more Pirates per mile of coastline than any other European country.

Dafydd Meirion, author of "Welsh Pirates"

Hello ,

just joined this forum , I was born and raised in the Carolinas, home of Blackbeard, I've always enjoyed Pirate history, I believe I might have some Pirate blood in me family.

Yes, where in the Carolinas? Others living the Carolinas want to know.

Hello ,

:(

Ah ! Thank ya !

I live in North Carolina, near Salisbury.

about a 4hour drive from the coast.

I go stay in a beach house at Holden Beach every summer, just got back last week.

I just odered the book " The Last Days of Black Beard the Pirate" by North Carolina author Kevin P. Duffus, he claims in his book that Teach wasn't Blackbeards last name, he believes it was Beard, and that he was born in the Carolina's and not England.

he spent so may years researching genealogical records and taking with historians, I believes he's on to something, he's say's alot of the things we know about Blackbeard today was made up years after the Golden age of Pirates, and people believed them.

Here's his website if you want to order the book:

www.thelostlight.com

Wales Produced more Pirates per mile of coastline than any other European country.

Ahoy an' welcome t' th' Pub, mate!

Lucky ye be fo' livin' in th' Carolinas. Gorgeous area. Lots o' history.

Big on ol' Blackbeard, hmm?

Welp, since ye be new to this here establishment... tis tradition that th' newcomer 'buys' th' first round o' drinks for us all. So.. why don't ye make mine a mx o' Dr Pepper an' Tattoo please.

Thank ye most kindly.

Lookin' forward t' seein' ye abouts th' Pub, mate.

Now... back t' watch th' Olympics... keep hopin' t' see the Equestrian Events. Hopin'.

~Lady B

:(

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Hey, just a minute here!

How can I order this book "The Last Days of Black Beard the Pirate"?

I goe t' that link and it say this title be DVD and will naught be ready until "Spring of 2007"

Do I ha'e t' wait until after Apocalypse for th' calendar to roll o'er???

:ph34r:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

'tis a great book with very much documented research behind it. I'm reading it for the second time and spent an hour or two with the author down in Hampton at The Blackbeard Festival. He's a great guy and easy to talk to. . . if you get the chance to see him at a booksigning. . .take it!

Hey, just a minute here!

I goe t' that link and it say this title be DVD and will naught be ready until "Spring of 2007"

Here's were I order my copy from, try here:

North Carolina Maritime Museum

http://www.NCmaritimemuseum.com/ladaofblbepi.html

'tis a great book with very much documented research behind it. I'm reading it for the second time and spent an hour or two with the author down in Hampton at The Blackbeard Festival. He's a great guy and easy to talk to. . . if you get the chance to see him at a booksigning. . .take it!

:lol:

Yea, I happen to find out about the book while looking for any decendents of Blackbeard on the web and came onto his book, glad I found it, I just order me a copy this past Friday, should get it this week, by what you said, it sounds like great reading, I would love to meet the author one day, he lives in Raleigh, N.C., which is about a 2 hour drive from me.

According to his website, he's making a DVD about the book, should be a great DVD to get also when it comes out.

carolina buccaneer,

my appolgies for not greeting sooner. twas a bit busy raiding last week.

Kevin is indeed a grand fellow and the book is a wonderful read- spent part of the weekend with him. see a related thread in twill.

PM me I would enjoy a great discussion on this book.

Hey, just a minute here!

:lol:

Here's were I order my copy from, try here:

North Carolina Maritime Museum

http://www.NCmaritimemuseum.com/ladaofblbepi.html

COOL!!!

Now keep quiet, I'm reading!

oh, welcomet'th'pub,bringmearum...

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!