The Door Swings Open...

...and Black Rory enters the tavern. He looks a bit tired and ragged, constantly avoiding the Royal Navy, but glad to be back to what is the closest thing to home.

In the sack over his shoulder are his pennywhistles, his ukelele, his squeezebox, his clacking bone sticks...

The landlady is surprised to see him and stops wiping the counter. He looks back at her expectantly with fear and hope. She gives him a warm smile.

"Is she still here?" asks Black Rory. "Was she taken from me? I know she's not that fond o' the sea like me'self..."

The landlady answers, "Not over me dead body. She is safe and has been waiting for your caresses."

"And what of the sword-wielding Iron Bess? I do miss her voice..."

"Oh, she be in town, Rory, just you wait an' see. But in the meantime..." The landlady reaches behind a closet under the stairs and pulls out the bosom-high object wrapped in blankets and thin ropes. "Welcome home, Rory. Ciara misses you."

Rory, with a bow to the landlady and gratitude in his eyes, carefully undoes the ropes and pulls away the blankets to reveal an Irish harp of simple wood, yet beautifully shaped. 'Tis Ciara, with whom he fled Ireland as a harper, hoping to find better luck in some of the Colonies, since harpers were being persecuted by the English back home as rebellious Celts against the Crown. But Fate had Her own reasoning when his ship was boarded by pirates. Rory (Ruairidh), being a musician, had the opportunity to join...or die. It was only 2 years ago, but it seemed like forever.

Rory sits on a bench, tunes Ciara, takes a swig, and plays a haunting sweet melody. Voices suddenly hush. Faces fill with longing. A man leans over to the landlady and whispers, "Now why doesn't someone like 'im get married, settle down proper-like and all?"

To which she answers with a mischievous yet kind wink, "That Black Rory Harper -- he's not that kind, if ye' knows what I mean. No lady but Ciara will ever fit in his arms, be caressed by those fingers, and sit between his legs! Yet they do make a lovely couple."

Interestin' story, Mr Harper.

Welcome to th' Pub, mate. Glad ye found thy way to th' Pub to enjoy some fine spirits and carousin' of various sorts.

Ahhh... so ye knows th' wicked Iron Bess, eh? Well... a friend of Bess, be's a fried to us all.

An' since tradition states ye purchase th' first drink fo' us... I'll be having a tall glass o' fine sweet red wine, m'dear Harper.

~Lady B

:D

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Jacky pulls up a bar stool, t' listen t' the Harper play.

"Tis good t' hav ye back on dry land, away from the frigid seas. Yer music is always welcome here, as is yer self. No doubt, when Iron Bess hears yer here, she'll do more than sing yer praises."

(chuckle) Welcome back Black Rory....

How that stringed lass does fit in yer arms. :rolleyes:

Well.... play man, play!!!

(And you owe us all a drink by the way... new comers buy first round!)

I'll be after having a Mai Tai if'n you'd be so kind. :rolleyes:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I enter the Pub just in time to hear the newcomer's story. I pull up a chair next to Bess. "Be it true, he'll have none but the harp in his arms or between his legs?" I give Black Rory Harper a lookover, and shrug. "Seems a bloody shame, that, but I must say, his music is sweet."

"Welcome the Pub, Black Rory, and I'll have a glass of the French Bubbly, if you please." :rolleyes:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I enter the Pub just in time to hear the newcomer's story. I pull up a chair next to Bess. "Be it true, he'll have none but the harp in his arms or between his legs?" I give Black Rory Harper a lookover, and shrug. "Seems a bloody shame, that, but I must say, his music is sweet."

"Welcome the Pub, Black Rory, and I'll have a glass of the French Bubbly, if you please." :rolleyes:

Bess give's Ransome the slightest of nudges.

Aye, tis true... he's a lad of Salt and Sand and his fingers stroke only the

long, tight, tension filled... oh wait, that was Jacky.

Nay, Black Rory is an adventure loving mate who will do us credit wih his sweet song and attention to *detail* :rolleyes:

Have another drink lass?

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Being English I shall make my appearance but brief... Welcome to the pub.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Welcome Black Rory! Play us a tune that we can all sing to! And to wet me whistle, stand me a pint o' black on the harper's account!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

P1010500.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Welcome Black Rory, 'n thank ye for the drink - Now Play Lad, Play!!

B)

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

McDrago enters the bar as if drawn by the sound of sirens singing. A wistful look shows on his whiskered face. He carries a bag which moves a bit from time to time as though it contents wanted out.

"Me ears must be playing tricks on me," He announces stomping up to the bar. "Sure and tis a harp I thought I be hearin'"

"A boilermaker if'n ye please lass." He then notices the harp and the harper.

"A bard by all that's holy!," He exclaims. He walks over and sticks out a grimy looking beringed paw. "Well met! Me name be McDrago. Be ye from Erin, me lord?"

He then notices MadL and then does something every sailor dreads.....he lets the cat out of the bag.

"Here be yer pussy mate. I found em in this here sack floating in the bay. Tis bad luck to drown a cat, so I brough em back ta ya!"

The bedraggled feline jumps out of the sack and lands on MadL's lap and begins to lap up his drink.

Greetings! and welcome to a talented man with wonderful fingers!

on the harp and the small of hurting backs! HA!

Glad to have you here, but I'm wondering what cat you let out of the bag, Mcdrago? :lol:

Black Rory, I'll have a Guinness on this day, I can use the medicinal qualities today.

Slainte'

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Tis a cat that adopted MadL in another thread. He has tried to get clear o' it, but no such luck. The feline in question is a scrawny calio with a strange looking white mark on his/her chest. This rat-catcher is now the ship's mascot [when we kin find a ship] and is fond of sausages and beer. Seems to be a bit tolerant of rum as well.

Heyo we need ta name this here kit, anyone got a good pirate handle to hang on em?

Who be pick'n upon me pussy?!!? B)

Tis a might fine pussy it be, a bit fer wear, a bit scrawny this be true, singed 'round th' edges too, oh 'n it scratches a lot whilst drop'n fleas 'n other such about, but t'is me pussy! I founds it 'n now it be mine!!

Howe'er, if'n Black Rory Harper be in need o' a few new string for t' make that fine harp sing....*leans o'er out o' the pussy's ear shot*...I hear cat gut be a fine candie-date for such B)

:lol:

Here pussy, pussy, pussy! Mad L gots some tasty fish head fer ye I does...

See Mcdraco, neigh hard feel'ns, just suck'n up t' the scrawny puss I be...

:lol:

McDrago uncocks his pistol tucks it into his green sash and signals to the barkeep.

"A brew fer the puss and some pickled sausage ifn' ya please."

Slaps MadL on the back.

"I knew that mate, I jes wasna sure that the puss knew."

Draws a wicked looking wavy dagger from his belt and starts carving off chunks of sausage and feeding them to the hungry cat. After a few pieces, the raggedy looking feline puts his nose into the mug of beer and begins to lap it up.

"Any luck findin' a ship fer us lad?"

Aye I did!

...but then th' bathtub pirates stole her away again :lol:

...oops, wrong show, that was Bilge Munky Radio last week ;)

(Jacky pulls out his pistol an shoots the scrawny undead cat, which jumps back up on the bar and just hisses.)

Mutters, "Waste o' beer, if ye ask me. Blasted undead cats are worse than the undead monkeys, around this pub!"

:ph34r: I knew JT didn't like cats — live, dead, or undead!

Gives the poor, scrawny thing a little pat on the head, while waving powder smoke away from its nose.

"Here ya go, kitty." I place a saucer of beer in front of it, which it laps up with gusto. "No one is going to take your guts for anything."

I give MadL a smile. "Nice cat. I like him much better than your Cuban iguana" :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

McDrago watches in horror as the cat he had rescued was shot. Then sighs in relief when nothing happens.

"Wal that explains why the poor thing didn't drown."

Walks over to Jacky.

"Mate, I takes offense at yer shootin' cats alive or dead ifn' they aint yourn. I be insulted an ye have insulted me friend MadL ta boot. I challenge ye here an now ta a drinkin' bout. Firs' man ta pass out loses. Unless ye be man enough ta admit yer error an apologise ta me, him an o'course to the puss."

"No offense was intended, an I'll offer no apology, either."

(Watches as the cat laps at the beer, an it runs back out the fresh hole in it's belly, an on t' the bar.)

"As fer a drinkin' contest, make the drink Pirate ale, an the first one who has t' relieve oneself loses! Aye, that's a proper drinkin' game."

"Ye don't suffer from t.b. (tiny bladder) do ye, mcdrago?"