Sweeney Todd

Lady Alyx

Hey folks, I don't know if you ever saw the 1979 production of this musical? I remember catching it on PBS and thinking wow this is some kind of really really dark play and did not bother to watch it because it was so so dark, well that was then. I recently rented the new Production with Johnny Depp and WOW it was throughly well done! The sets and the actor/singers where all fab! Even Borat! Did you know that each actor was not a singer but trained for singing for this movie? I thought they all did a fantastic job! Costumes where great as well and the dark makeup for Helen and Johnny were primo!

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

The previews where very eye catchy, what with the costume garb and time period settings, but somehow I got totally fried on 'slasher' kind of flics; with all the Saw, Saw II, Saw II, and Saw XXIV then all the Freddy Kruggers and a dozen Halloweens then Freedy Krugger meets Jason a parties down with Dracula and all that....when I found out that this one was just a story about a guy who slits everyone's throat with a straight razor and then drops them down a hole, I just had no interest to go see it.

So, is there a 'plot' to it, or is it just another cookie cut slasher movie with a different wrapper?

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes MadL, If you can watch the film till the end you can see how the story comes full circle in ironic ways for the main characters. I don't want to give much away. It is very gruesome, even me Beau cannot watch it all the way, but he loves the Adolfo Pirelli song so much, (being Italian himself). But if you can stomach it till the end you can see what happens to the entire story line.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
:lol: My family and I enjoyed the movie so much we had to go see the play. We really liked both of them. By going to see the movie first we were able to understand the play better. The play is all done on one set with the cast playing all the music themselves. Very talented bunch. Mr CARTER