how do you support your pirate habit?

Sea Rover and I are trying very hard to build our "pirate lifestyle" into our budget (with the help of a very understanding financial counselor) so that it doesn't have to be the first thing that gets dumped when we need to "tighten our belts."

But as it is, we plunder thrift stores for supplies and costume parts, limit the events we attend and, most importantly - learn to live with the fact we can't have and do everything we desire. (That might not sound very piratey, but we do have to go back to the real world from time to time...)

Luckily, there are plenty of ways to get my pirate fix that don't cost much -- like hanging out in the Pyracy Pub and drinking home-made grog... :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Give me a picture or design and I can usually make it fairly cheap. Biggest problem has always been finding events that aren't halfway across the country and then getting there.

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.