Gary Gygax died March 4

Weird, isn't it. Think of the cultural shift that guy helped create. D&D paved the way for the computer gaming revolution.

Also weird to think I've continued playing D&D (and/or other rpgs) ever since I started back in the 70s. It led me to my circle of friends, my wife, even my job. Hell... even my kids have their own sets of dice!

:unsure:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

:unsure:

Usually I don't much care about celebrity deaths (who are they to me?), but Gygax's products altered my imaginative sphere dramatically. I heard a few years ago that he was all but broke, although I don't know if that's true or not.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Oh Bugger it all ta hell!!!

Looks like I need to get a black arm band for all my characters... :unsure:

Played D&D, AD&D and sooo many other RPGs... Still have a tonne of books...

Aye, he will be missed, yet he will live on through his games and game ideas for years to come...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I still play today. In fact I played a game the day before he died. I've been playing ever since I could read and roll and will play until I meet Gary Gygax in the greatest adventure yet to come.

There is a memorial comic on the Order of the Stick site today.

I've been playing since the early 90's. Like John I've also met my circle of friends through D&D. They introduced me to my boyfriend and hooked me up with my job. I've had many great times playing with my friends and brother.

Goodbye and Thanks Gary

I started playing in '81. I enjoyed being the DM. No ONE character for me, multiple NPCs. I still have more than edition of the rules and many miniature figures in boxes under my bed.

He sparked our imaginations and changed our lives. Salute!

:lol::huh:;):huh::huh:;);)

<_<

Usually I don't much care about celebrity deaths (who are they to me?), but Gygax's products altered my imaginative sphere dramatically. I heard a few years ago that he was all but broke, although I don't know if that's true or not.

There's a pretty good bio on wiki.

I agree. In fact, I think my imagination was better when my primary hobby was rpgs, as opposed to reenacting.

My Home on the Web

I still play today. In fact I played a game the day before he died. I've been playing ever since I could read and roll and will play until I meet Gary Gygax in the greatest adventure yet to come.

Know what ya mean... if I don't have a history book in my hand, it's a gaming book instead. Or vice versa. I'm actually looking forward to the day when my kids are old enough to roll them bones.

My Home on the Web

How very sad! I remember playing D&D in the 80s with my cousin and sister. Lots of fun times we had.

Thank you Gary, you will be missed. <_<

That's cool Christine. I didn't remember that about you. So... what character class did you like to play?

My Home on the Web

How very sad!  I remember playing D&D in the 80s with my cousin and sister.  Lots of fun times we had. 

Thank you Gary, you will be missed.  <_<

That's cool Christine. I didn't remember that about you. So... what character class did you like to play?

I remember being an elf and a thief at that. I found it to be quite interesting, this was before we all got into video games so heavily back then. We had to use our imaginations instead of having computer/game systems do that for us, it was fun.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg