Fonts

Matusalem

I am getting ready to update my signature, etc.,and need these fonts for other things. Although I typically 'pyrate' fonts because I'm just that, i am planning on spending thr $49 for this Minutman printshopset, after I recieve my income tax refund.

I am also wondering if this forum is capable of actually adding these fonts. it'd be neat to have something other than the generic six.

SHIP2-1.jpg

Nevermind...I found some free fonts.

Fell Types....late 1600's

FYI, the people who provide this page have also taken the pains to create realistic 'kerning' (a.k.a, the spacing between the letters, etc). What is characteristic about the Fell fonts here is the irregularity of dimension, position, and attitude of the letters, which make it look more authentic. I have some design experience but I am not a typeface expert.

SHIP2-1.jpg

Fonts are a local issue. In other words, the browser uses the fonts you have on your system to display type. If I don't have a font installed, then I don't see it, even if the designer spec's that font to appear. Also, a user can specify the browser to see override all fonts. For example, I have my all set to see san-serif, such as Helvetica and Arial because I don't like serif fonts.

So, in short, the only way to absolutely have a font to appear that everyone can see is to use artwork, Flash, a pdf, etc.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Eye liked the Fell Flowers for period looking documents of importance..

thanx ~

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

If you can ever find Olicana Rough get it. I bought it from Veer but I don't see it on their site now. Lots of ligatures that have things like ink blotches for authenticity - it looks very much like hand drawn quill pen with lots of alternatives letters for each font. Love it!

-- Huricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Nevermind...I found some free fonts.

Fell Types....late 1600's

FYI, the people who provide this page have also taken the pains to create realistic 'kerning' (a.k.a, the spacing between the letters, etc). What is characteristic about the Fell fonts here is the irregularity of dimension, position, and attitude of the letters, which make it look more authentic. I have some design experience but I am not a typeface expert.

You can use your font to create your signature then, using a program like adobe Photo Shop, create a signature block like you did with your banner....then you can upload it and it will appear in all your posts.

• 4 weeks later...

very awesome! I"m wishing I had something like that to do my signature in. I have one but it hasnt been updated in some time, tho awesome it is..

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

I downloaded the English font, and finally figured out how to get it in my font book. However, even though it shows that it's there, I only get the top half of the letters when I try and use it, and the italic and bold set don't show up on the font list, even though in the font book it says they are there.

Any ideas? BTW, I have a Mac OSX.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Umm, okay. Now I just have to figure out how to do that. I'm such a computer rube. :D

And thanks, it's good to be back, but we had a terrific time!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog