Let's start a fashion trend!

actually we wear ours to work all the time. When we got new ones my other half broke his in by wearing and walking in them about 2 miles a day and while at work and on more than one occassion I have gotten compliments from fashionable coworkers about my lace up 2" heeled shoes :)

In fact I think they are the only dress shoes my boy has.

"It is more like I am transitioning from a pirate hobby to the pirate lifestyle"- me

pub_footer.jpg

Sure, we've all been to the Quickie-Mart in kit, but what about wearing your buckle shoes with your workday suit?

Let's make buckle shoes fashion forward!

James, my lad, where've ya been all this time? Good to see you back!

Why just buckle shoes? Why not make frock coats every day wear? I've already got a plan to make one without such big cuffs, and a bit more conservative, so I can wear it like any other coat. I just like the style and look of them.

I had thought about starting a thead called Pyrate Street Style (may still do that), where people could post pictures of themselves in street clothes, but show how they proclaim thier piratey-ness — T-shirts, jewelry, coats, shoes, boots, stickers on thier cars/trucks, etc. We aleady have threads for what you look like in garb at events, but nothing showing how you proclaim your pirate side all the rest of the time. :ph34r:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Oh yes...this I have done. How else does one ready their shoes for an event?

I have worn both the buckle and lace/tie shoes to work. Not only for breaking them it (such as scuffing soles and stretching them out) but also for the fashion.

I have a puffy shirt too and it all falls together very nicely.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Whenever there is a speech/presentation at school that is open topic, I always choose something historical, and dress the period for my delivery. The campus always enjoys my outfits, but of course... No weapons allowed. :ph34r:

Sounds as if alot of us play dress up in our daily lives. Very cool! I prefer my 1850/60's clothing at home and on weekends to any of my 21st century attire. I have on my ACW civilian attire right now. Funny, but the horses like it better when I come out dressed like this too. I think we have all been here before. ;)

Bo

What better way to age a pc type garment than to do so naturally? The more you wear it the better it looks without running the risk of doing it incorrectly by faking it...

Waistcoats, shirts and shoes are often worn to school along with over coats in the cooler weather... and the kids think it is cool...so I can't lose any way you look at it... as for the adults...who cares what they think?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

James, my lad, where've ya been all this time? Good to see you back!

Hello Ransom lass!

Why, I've been shipwrecked...in Milwaukie no less! Good to see you around too. Looks like we won't be resting in the arms of the sea this winter, but maybe I'll see you in September?

Anyway, why just bucket shoes? Because what I was thinking of here was not another fashion magazine story on pirate chic, which I see we all love in its many and varied forms, but actually bringing dress shoes with buckles back in style.

I own several pairs of bucket boots :)

Although admittedly 2 of the pairs are only being kept because they're still good for photoshoots (and that's all their good for really).

My bucket boots from caboots.com I wear pretty much all the time, no matter where I'm going :)

I've worn my buckle shoes all day on several occassions, expecially when my regular blacks were getting resoled. On most days no one noticed, though a couple of ladies noticed something was amiss when they noticed that my toes were squared.

For the start of my class on pirates, I wore my waistcoat and cravat, one colleague commented on the formality of my cravat, but didn't seem to notice that my vest was extra long, so maybe I can start wearing my waistcoats on a regular basis...

It was -3 degrees in Kenosha this morning, and I seriously considered wearing my gaiters for extra warmth

Your most and obliged humble servant,

William Dezoma