Onion Bottle project

King's Pyrate

I have been looking for an old style onion bottle for some time. I have seen a few similiar bottles but none quite just right.....then I saw these unique 13.5 oz. Coke bottles that looked like Christmas tree balls...thought they were neat then thought "they look like onions"...Then I began to play around with some ideas.

onion1.jpg

They might even make good replica hand bombs......a little black paint and a fuse...who knows....might look like one.

here it is on my shelf.

onion2.jpg

Have a Great Holiday....Hope you get all the plunder you desire.

Joe

That tha Bomb! :ph34r:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Yeah, we have six of those here to convert into grenadoes. Gonna redo the finish to it has an iron look to it. We're going to load one up with just a wee bit of powder to play with in the back yard too. Gots me a munitions expert who is on the crewe to help out. Woo hoo! Thanks Coke!!!!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I've come across some vinegar bottles in the grocery store that have longer necks but the same shape that I thought would be good. I didn't know how much of a headache it would be to grind down the threaded area. There is even an expensive vinegar bottle that's kinda a flattened onion bottle shape.

What did you use to grind it down?

Thanks,

Pogue

Conceptual Simplicity, Structural Complexity, Achieves a Greater State of humanity.

I've come across some vinegar bottles in the grocery store that have longer necks but the same shape that I thought would be good. I didn't know how much of a headache it would be to grind down the threaded area. There is even an expensive vinegar bottle that's kinda a flattened onion bottle shape.

What did you use to grind it down?

Thanks,

Pogue

These are plastic...I cut off the threaded area with a hacksaw then sanded the cut area.

Most hobby stores carry a cheap glass bottle cutter which would be great to remove the threaded area of the neck.....if you did not want to reduce the length of the neck a dreamel rotory tool comes with a point that would grind the threads off the glass.

Good luck...post some photos if you get it like you want.

Joe

Alright,

I've been looking for those in all the stores near me and have seen nary a one...

What gives?

I'm in PA, if that makes a difference...

As for bombs...

Take one, pour 1/3 to 1/2 of the coke out, refill with 'The Captain' and serve.

Perfect!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Anybody?

Or are these cool bottles only available in Florida?

Maybe something Coca-cola did for overseas and they found their way there?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Anybody?

Or are these cool bottles only available in Florida?

Maybe something Coca-cola did for overseas and they found their way there?

I only found them the one time at WalMart...they were in a barrel up front and gone the next time I went back....I wanted to get some more.

Bugger...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Aha! I knew it!

I had a feeling if they had turned up in Florida that they would have found their way there via S. America or Mexico.

I learned in my old Marketing job, that much trade occurs in a small circle between Miami and the gulf region and South.

Oh well..

Hey maybe Harbormaster has a connection. He's and his wife are in Mexico at times..

All tha lovely Gold ya know.. :lol:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Aha! I knew it!

I had a feeling if they had turned up in Florida that they would have found their way there via S. America or Mexico.

I learned in my old Marketing job, that much trade occurs in a small circle between Miami and the gulf region and South.

Oh well..

Hey maybe Harbormaster has a connection. He's and his wife are in Mexico at times..

All tha lovely Gold ya know.. B)

You are right....the bottle cap is in Spanish and says it was bottled in Mexico........I found some clear Christmas balls at Hobby Lobby on their end of season shelves but they are completely round and kinda fragile ..I'm not sure they would stand being handled very much so I passed on them.

I found these smaller ones at Hobby Lobby in the sand art section, they were $.69 each...they fit right in the hand just perfectly......they are plastic and have a slight seam mark on each side and have no neck after the threaded area....

I drilled a hole in the cork and inserted a white shoe lace and cut it to fit....then painted the outside flat black......never saw one, except in cartoons, so I am kinda guessing here.

mini600.jpg

The parrot is a Christmas gift....it talks and even responds to questions and can be programed to record whatever you want him to say.

parrot500.jpg

I got the brother to your parrot, also a christmas gift. :lol:

Wonder how many others on the Forum got a mechanical talking parrot?

Now to figure out how to attach him to my shoulder.

You can take him off the perch and he will cling to your arm....might have to strap him on (like he is on the perch).......otherwise he'll keep falling off and folks might think he be taken with drink!