New Shipmate signing aboard

max_bodycount

:lol:

My name is Larry AKA Lars and I am a piratical enthusiast marooned, as it were, in San Antonio, Texas, home of the Alamo.

I am a lifelong historically-oriented person focusing on naval military history, and dabbled in the SCA and at being a Rennie, as well as living history for the English Civil War. My love for the GAoP has been around a long time but is now making itself felt everyday. After a recent one week trip to the Caribbean for my honeymoon, I really got to experience the open sea for the first time. Completely enchanting!

I am always on the lookout for good books on pirates, especially contemporary first-person accounts, having read Exquemelin 's book and becoming a pirate fan...again.

Also, if anyone knows of a good source of 1700-1750 flintlock pistols...I would prefer functional but as long they are the correct period and not too expensive. Garb and weapons are on a budget while I complete my B.A. in History.

I am glad to be a memeber of the Pyracy Pub and look forward to being part of this community of rogues and ne'er-do-wells!

Welcome Aboard, Good Sir!

There are several fine pirates marooned in that large state with you ~ Sebastian, dear, do speak up!

For your flintlock, you may wish to consider the Queen Ann flintlock pistol. One manufacturer is Pedersoli ~

Will you be buying the drinks, then? A rum for myself, with a bite of dark chocolate on the side, thank you very much ~

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Welcome to the pub!! You should be able to find answers to a vast majority of yer questions right here... being historically orientated, you would most likely enjoy Captain Twill and plunder for locating goods... again... welcome!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Welcome, Max (or would you prefer Lars?) A couple of web sites for fiding period arms would be Loyalist Arms (quite a few of us have pistols, doglocks and muskets from them) and Middlesex Village Trading Company

The sure-fire period correct affordable functioning pistol would be the Queen Anne made by Pedersoli and sold by just about everyone.

Again, welcome aboard, mate.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Oi! Another coolegiate pyrate? I too am plundering the halls of academia for a teaching certifcation in social sciences, major is history of course. Welcome aboard and check with Callenish Gunner on those pistols as well. I undrstand he deals in them at times. No drinks for me... two more days of finals and then

PARTY TIME!!![/color][/size][/font]

Welcome aboard lad! I'll be having a pint of black Barbaedos Rhum if ye be be buying!! Let me know what ye be interested in as I can get nigh most items at a fair cost and if it be something I don't have access to, I'll point ye in the direction to the dealer who might have that item in stock ..... fair winds and calm seas!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just finished my last final before I go out to student teach for my certification!!!! Retirement Sucks ...so I'm off to teach until they drop my ol' bones overboard sewed in me hammock & weighed down with a few links of anchor chain!!!

forty years and four degrees later