Sailors Jackets

I am still trudging through my site upgrade.

Not through yet, but the bulk of it is up.

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/Jacket.htm

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Wow! The new info looks great! I've often used your site both as inspiration for my own stuff and as a place to refer people just getting into the period. This new info with the period examples and artwork is phenomonal, and I am even more confident directing people toward your site. Thanks for everything you're doing for the hobby!

(*the author believes that for the sake of authenticity, all women who are portraying GAoP sailors should adopt this style of dress*)

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. It is for authenticity, after all. :D

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

There's more to appreciate than perk. That is a myth of our industrialized, brassiere-obsessed age.

But back to Mr. Fortune's excellent page...

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

GOF, looking good and I must say that I agree that more women portraying pyrates should adopt the historically accurate style of Ann Bonny, especially during fight scenarios, although that might render keeping the firing line straight a little difficult. All the pyrats would end up facing the wrong way.

And, since you have asked what we think, I like it with one exception: the use of the word "boobs" seems to lower the scholarly tone of the rest of the entry. Stick with "breasts" and leave the titillating (pun fully intended) language for another time.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

And, since you have asked what we think, I like it with one exception: the use of the word "boobs" seems to lower the scholarly tone of the rest of the entry. Stick with "breasts" and leave the titillating (pun fully intended) language for another time.

If any substitution should be made, I suggest 'bosoms.' It is perhaps not more scholarly, but I personally think it is funny.

- Capt. Joshua Slocum