Later 18th C group that looks Great

I wasn't sure where exactly to post this...

But i think that the people that would be interested are the ones that at least occasionally check out twill... so here you go.

Here is a group of folks... I really don't think that they are a "group" per say, but more of a collection of international 18th c enthusiast who get together for certain events.

This one was in Bayreuth recently.

http://root.cologne-digital-online.de/isab...riginalgroesse/

Cool

There is a guy with a light green outfit... he hand embroiders costumes. Check out the buttons!

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

;)

Oh My Bloody God!

Absolutely fantasticly brilliant!

Thank ye SO much fo' sharin' that, GoF! It's just incredibly stunning! I ADORE all their outfits! Every single one of them!

Now... why th' devil can't we in the US just button our yippy traps up an' have somethin' as fantastic as this?!? Seriously! Look at th' variety of attire! It's just incredible eye candy t' gawk at! I'm whimperin' at the sheer magnatude and scope of such an 18th c extravaganza!

:::Clobbers and hugs GoF::: Oh, Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!

Now THAT... is an event!!!

Oh come on, Patrick! There's plenty of women there showin' plenty of clevage!!! Admit it! Ye fancy the images!!!

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

OMG, they all looked like they just stepped off the set of Dangerous Liasons! Awesome!

I'm with Lady B — Why can't we organize something that grand? It would be so kewl! A lot of work, to be sure, but still...soooo kewl!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Amen, Ransom! B)

There's a bit more to the Colonial era than 2 wars (the Seven Years war and the American War for Independence). I say more all around Colonial, too!

But, oh those outfits are spectacular and splendid! B)

I say.... the Gentlemen are PURE eyecandy!

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I would say that this kind of event would be great. I think it would be hard to do anywhere in the US because of population density. Pick a spot in the US that has more than 25 pirates with in one hour drive of one another. Then have someone volunteer do set it up and clean up after words. I am old school SCA so I know how hard all that work is. If this is the kind of events we would like we could do them. I just got some projects started and would love to get together with other people to talk about them and learn about other pirates. Check out the Raids section for my info about that idea.

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

Honestly, I've seen RevWar groups who are every bit as good, if not better. Once many moons ago, I attended a night time garden party at the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg. That event makes this look like an outing at Chuck-E-Cheese.

B)B)

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Pretty. I like the pinked ruching on the pink round gown especially. Wonder how early we can date that kind of decoration. Although I would have liked to see a few of the women with the ribbons under their hats B)

Those photos get me all excited for the Colonial Ball in November and finally getting to stay clean at an event B) . For anyone really interested in a fancy dress outing like this I'd suggest checking with your local F&I, French, 18th century, Rev war (etc) groups. I know a lot of them do balls and such during the winter. Can't go to many months without getting dressed proper after all!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Honestly, I've seen RevWar groups who are every bit as good, if not better. Once many moons ago, I attended a night time garden party at the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg. That event makes this look like an outing at Chuck-E-Cheese.

B)B)

I am envious. I hardly even get to go to a local event for more than an hour or two. Then have to wait for a year for the next one.

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

B)   B)

Have to agree with Blackjohn here... the private party at the Governor's Palace was truly amazing and has this other one beat. Williamsburg truly knows how to throw one hell of a bash, from slack rope walkers, to slaves, to the beggars out in the street as the carriages arrive.... and during the day, their horse races were pretty impressive as well. Still lovely pictures, thanks for sharing...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 2 weeks later...
I am envious. I hardly even get to go to a local event for more than an hour or two. Then have to wait for a year for the next one.

You lot try living in Canada, where folks need drive across the country - one end to other - to get together. We're all spread along the continent from one end to the other [and Canada is .. big]. :ph34r:

That said, Quebec. Louisbourg. Mmm. Some nice events coming up over these next two summers...

They do look terrific! But we could do just as well in the US. The problem is, we're not interested in history here, so much as in trying to look like quasi-historical people in the movies: Capt. Jack Sparrow, or Lestat, or whoever's making the movie circuit at the time! :rolleyes:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Really!?!

Great! Please post pictures of the event we can see for ourselves.

I didn't mean for this to be an "the event I went to this one time back in...., is better than that event...." kind of thread.

(And events always seem better when we remember them, and much easier to pick apart other's events when viewing later....)

But anyway, I give kudos to this group, as its entirely re-enactor planned and executed, and its not a "one-of" thing either.

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!