Greatest badguy (or girl) ever???

Rats

From any genre... Who is the ultimate badguy (or girl) and why????

Is it style?

Sheer insanity???

Or the great one-liners?? (...And cancel Christmas!!)

Whatta you say??

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Gary Oldman as the drugged up D.E.A. agent in "Leon: The Professional".

Ruthless, crazy, and just down right weird....

And as many really cool lines as he said in that movie, I can't think of a single one at the moment. But I think his body language spoke more to the nastiness of his character than any particular line.

Michael_banner.jpg

Auric Goldfinger (Sounds like a French nail varnish.)

"Do you expect me to talk?"

"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die! There is nothing you can tell me that I do not already know."

And, without thinking about it much, the raccoon chick from The Transporter 2 was memorable, if only because she was so entirely improbable and unrealistic.

(Thinking more on it, Sarah Conners from the Terminator movies would actually be a better choice. She was technically good, but she wasn't. I wouldn't want to stand between her and her goal.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Khan Noonien Singh from Star Trek II

"Revenge is a dish best served cold....its very cold in space."

or

"I have given you no word to keep, you simply have no alternative"

The scene where he cuts everybodies' throats on the Gensis station was deleted from the movie, which took the R rating off the movie, but would have been a nice touch to see just how evil the character was.

But, Mr. Montoban has always been evil,

After all what did you think Carenthian Leather was made from?

to mix a commerical with another movie-

Carenthian Leather is PEOPLE!

(Too bad in real life he has a back condtion that has forced him into retirement and a wheelchair.)

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

I asked Billie, a friend of mine this question. The response?

Scarface. I think that's a good choice. (I have never seen so much memorabilia available for a one shot movie made almost 25 years ago.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

(Too bad in real life he has a back condtion that has forced him into retirement and a wheelchair.)

If you want to see him ROCK as a good guy, rent Spy Kids III. The director puts his head on a CG (computer-generated) body and it's awesome. I'm a huge fan of Mr. Montalbahn, although I hated to original Khan episode of Star Trek ("Space Seed"). :ph34r:

I suppose in true pirate-fashion I should also nominate Jason Isaacs "Captain Hook" as a very sexy, very evil bad guy. Of course his role as Col. Tavington in "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson is probably the worst bad guy he's done - unless you've seen the Indie Irish film "Divorcing Jack" where he's even a worse bad guy (but still sexy). :ph34r:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

To step aside from this thread for a second.

Ricardo Montalban starred in the 1949 move "Border Incident" in the movie he plays a Mexican Police Officer working with INS to stop the flow of illegal aliens and their subsequent exploitation in California. The movie ends with some great narration about how the US and Mexico will always work side by side in common cause to address this issue. :ph34r:

However, it is a very good movie IMO and if you are a fan of his, you will enjoy this early work.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, but which iteration of the Joker and which iteration of Catwoman?

Yes, but which iteration of the Joker and which iteration of Catwoman?

My vote would be for Cesar Romero and Eartha Kitt as the best incarnations of the Joker and Cat Woman from Film/TV.... :rolleyes:

Jack Nicholson got the temperment more or less right for the Joker, but his physicality was very wrong for the role, and I feel it affected his portrayal.

Michelle Pfeiffer had a very good physique for the Cat Woman, but she just wasn't evil enough to fit the role.

On the whole I have not been impressed with the movie versions of the Batman villians. Or at least I wasn;t impressed until "Batman Begins" was released, then my attitude changed dramatically.

Michael_banner.jpg

I'd have to go with the Batman: The Animated Series Joker (Mark Hamill) and Catwoman (Adrienne Barbeau). Although I do sort of prefer Burton's take on the Catwoman costume...except for the claws, which come off a little too home made.

With Harley Quinn hanging around, the Batman TAS Joker is even more over the top than Nicholson, IMO.

Unfortunately I don't get to watch as many cartoons as I would like to... :rolleyes:

I haven't seen enough of Batman TAS, but from the little I have seen, the Mark Hamill Joker is pretty good, and I do like the Harley Quinn character as well. I don't think I have seen any episodes with the Catwoman though... I think the local Blockbuster has some of the shows on DVD, maybe I might just have to give it a try.

Thanks for the unintentional reccomendation! :rolleyes:

If ya really wanna get to see the best version of the Joker, the Frank Miller "Dark Knight" run of Batman comics/graphic novels are to die for. Specially in the story line just after Robin (the 2nd?) is killed off.

And the "Batman: Year One" run (possibly Miller as well?) was in my opinion the best version of the Catwoman....

Michael_banner.jpg

Ah, now you've got me with comics. I haven't bought them since I was a teen. I pick up graphic novels on occasion, but not usually the mainstream characters. Do check out the TAS series, though. It's quite good; dark but heroic like Batman should be. Good music, too. Batman Beyond is also worth a look. I don't recommend the latest incarnation, though (if it's still around). I've only seen two or three, but they're all brawn and no brain.

• 2 weeks later...