Where to buy boots

Well I searched in hopes that there was already a thread but all I can find is boots vs. shoe debate. I don't need that.

I've got a custom costume that I'm working on for some friends. Very Hollywood pirate look but high quality materials etc. They are looking for boots and want some recommendations. I naturally said I'd ask those that know (since I'm more in the know about shoes).

So, those that know about these boot things...

Where are the good places to find good quality Men's pirate styled boots?

I'd like a range of prices but obviously since the total costume is costing in the high hundreds, some higher line boots aren't completely out of the question.

Thanks in advance

(now lets never speak of me asking this again. I don't want to loose my Captain Twill access! B) )

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Well there's caboots.com, who offer custom sized and off the rack models.

There's a thread about them somewhere on the forum, but I've heard a lot of good things about them.

I'm saving up for a pair myself.

Mainly because it would be nice to have a pair that _isn't_ 3 sizes too big.

I am with Red Handed Jill. SCA Boots have the most comfortable boots. I have a pair and can use them all day without my feet hurting, even a little. Its like wearing tennis shoes. Great Boots!!!

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

I'm another advocate of SCA Boots. They are inexpensive, leather, and comfortable. I wore them all weekend at Port Washington, and that was the first time I'd worn them since I got them. No blisters. And if you get the ones that only have a small turndown, like mine, they don't scream "bucket boot." More like a period, conservative riding boot.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

scaboots are popular with my friends. Renboots are popular with my stage combat buddies. I have a pair of these

Jolly Rogers

Ultra comfortable but pricey. I wore a pair of Renboots Edwards for years before getting this earlier this year. The edwards look just like the Lancelot's on the page only they have an zipper on the inside of ankle.