Headcount for the midwest

Rats

We be pirates, Bo. We are ALWAYS in sticky situations! B)

A weekend gathering or invasion (a few of us did something like this a few years back in Chicago) would be fun. Hotel and restuarant.

I have coupons for Cheeseburger in Paradise! Need to use those up, closest one is in the Chicagoland area.

Another wee fun bit, and it's been done before but not often around here (rarely done)... a weekend camp (a nice weekend). Yes, odd to have it in the late fall, winter or early spring..., but would be fun. Just the lot of us having fun.

Yes... yes I am crazy.

A great spot that already has a tavern and is rather secluded, is south of Danville, IL (south of Chicago) along the border of IL & IN that Forest Reserve there. Been there once, they often hold historical events there and again, they have a couple buildings there already, one of them is a tavern! It's fantastic! Enough room for plenty of camping folk. Plenty of room for a skirmish, etc.

I know... I'm thinking rather wildly. But... tis an idea.

Again, lemme know when and where, mates.

Oh, and if I make it to Cantigny Park in Wheaton, IL for a Rev War event Sept 15 & 16, the tavern 'll most likely be there, and most of ye 'll remember a few Militia gents from Port Washington who 'll be there, too. I'm sure they'd fancy carousin' with th' lot of ye again.

Otherwise, it'll be next year before I get back into the Rev War. Taking the time off to deal with a few things first.

PS -

B)B)B)

I was looking at the NWTA website and their photo album... guess who all be there, mates?!

NWTA Photo Album Reenactor Fest '07

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Hmm.... what 'bout those of us who are Pre-GAoP AND are stage show performers? Would we really 'fit in' and be welcomed?

If the Archangel is hosting then we would welcome you and yours as well... stage performers could add a lot to teaching Living Historians how to act their parts... so don't count yourself out where the demos, etc. are concerned.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Please correct me if I am wrong Rats, but wasn't your main idea to get a wonderful 'melting pot' of pyratical-hearted people together for fun and frolic?!

and possibly some sort of "school" as well.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Not sure where I'll be or even when, but if its close enough and not too expensive I"ll try to make it.

and the Reenactors Fest is high on my list of things to do. Rats, should I bring my yellow pirate juice??

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

I would never close a door on someone! Our crew has always tried to be "inclusive rather than exclusive"!!

It's about having the fun!!

And if Lady B has contact with similar military counterparts (Rev war gents) I'm sure we would all be honored to have them attend!!!

As always, we will kick said plans around with the crew (Soon as everyone gets back on-line and has also had time to recover from the last few weeks... snigger!).

But I am interested in hearing about when folks would be available???

I'm told that January and February is completely open. March is somewhat more sticky, but not out of the question???

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

As always, we will kick said plans around with the crew (Soon as everyone gets back on-line and has also had time to recover from the last few weeks... snigger!).

Oi I resemble that remark!... Things SEEM to be working...slowly but surely, at least until the next thunderstorm... :o ...back at school, getting extra hours in a few days, have inlaws arriving on Friday or Saturday, Anniversary on Sunday and need to preach tonight, but I should get through my six some odd hundred emails by tomorrow that have piled up since Thursday... :o

Crewe of the Archangel

Oh and did I mention, I think I broke my left elbow as well as my right? :o snigger...

Crewe of the Archangel

Don't remember so I must have been having fun! The only thing I can even think that may have caused it was perhaps dying and landing on something funny at Paynetown, but I don't remember hitting the ground funny, just all of a sudden Sunday night, bamm, pain and a lot of it... and no I wasn't drinking... I remember it didn't hurt much when I broke the right one until well after and I know how I did that one. :blink: It's not a big thing, the right one is still broken and I have no problems moving and since I can still fence with it... not a problem really. Gee what your captain goes through for all of you...snigger.

Crewe of the Archangel

And if Lady B has contact with similar military counterparts (Rev war gents) I'm sure we would all be honored to have them attend!!!

Now, what pirate would I be without having some Illegal Military Connections? :blink:

Prayers and hugs that you get better soon, Sterling. And lets hope no borken bones. If so, speedy recovery (Recovery! Not delivery! Sorry, I couldn't mail order a wench).

~Lady B

:D

Resemble that remark???? :rolleyes: Was it the snigger???? :rolleyes: Actually take care and recover soon!

Lady B, as always welcome!! By all means, get in touch with yer other crewmates and Revwar contacts. I even hope to invite some of my Civil War buddies who might be interested in a different timeline!!

Anyone now who the revwar artillery unit was at RF2????

sig2.jpg

Hmm.... what 'bout those of us who are Pre-GAoP AND are stage show performers?  Would we really 'fit in' and be welcomed?

If the Archangel is hosting then we would welcome you and yours as well... stage performers could add a lot to teaching Living Historians how to act their parts... so don't count yourself out where the demos, etc. are concerned.

Sterling,

Indeed you are most kind, sir and I thank you most deeply for the kind words.

I am most intrigued by the idea of a get together and a meeting of the minds wherein both sides of this 'pirate coin' could learn from one another.

As to time of year ... we have potential gigs booked for the 2nd or 3rd week of November in Texas, 2nd week of December in South Texas, the last weekend of Jan in OKC and the 2nd or 3rd weekend in February - either heading out west to Arizona Ren Fest or back to Texas for the new Songwood Ren Fest near Manvel, Tx. Thrown into February's calendar are the academies myself and a few of my crew are teaching the cast of the new Joplin, Mo ren fest. March sees us out on the road performing as well as working the non-performance weekends at academies. April is more of the same.

Would I be to much of a pain in the butt if I asked for a narrowing of the time frame? As well as an exact location - city/town and state wise?

Thanks ever so much

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

The site for the indoor gathering would be held on two floors (Possibly a third now depending of the size of the group and if we decide to open this up to the public) of a historic, (yet no longer in use) church in downtown Milwaukee. I also believe it's located on the UW campus!!

I'll get some pics going in a minute or two!

The timeframe however remains open until the specifics and an accord is reached by our crew and the site coordinators. After all, why go through the effort if your own mates can't be there?!

R

sig2.jpg

Lady B, as always welcome!! By all means, get in touch with yer other crewmates and Revwar contacts. I even hope to invite some of my Civil War buddies who might be interested in a different timeline!!

Anyone now who the revwar artillery unit was at RF2????

Aye, will do some inviting. I know a couple folks in the Rev War who would jump at the opportunity just as they did with Port Wash.

As to the Artillery, I know Hamilton's Artillery was there at RF2. I think there was another Artillery unit (I could be wrong) but Hamilton's Artillery was there for sure. Bill Hess is one of the Gents to contact for the Artillery. I'll see if I can conjure up his email addy if not someone else to contact.

And do keep us informed on dates and other info.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Were they the folks who had the big boomers right in the main lobby???

R

:huh: :::nods::: aye. Couldn't miss them. I was stunned they were able to drag those inside!

But sent ye Mr Hess' contact, hope ye gots it. I know he'll be at the Cantigny Park in Wheaton, IL Sept 15 & 16 for that even if you want to talk to him face to face.

~Lady B

:huh:

Is that a revwar reenactment???

Do you have any specifics???

Rats

Aye, Rats. Cantigny is a Rev War event. Most of whom you may have met at RF2 will be at Cantigny.

Best I can say is check the schedule on the NorthWest Territory Alliance website. Not much in specifics though. I don't know what the cost is to get in, that's decided on Cantigny Park not through us.

Callenish! Would be fantastic to meet ye, mate! Hope you are able to swing out west here! The Lakes be mighty fine an' close enough to satisfy any wonton seaman or seawoman.

~Lady B

:lol: