Fun Pyrate Stuff!

Ransom

I was just at Michael's craft store the other day, and they had tons of really fun, kewl pyrate stuff in the Halloween section. Skulls with pirate hats or eye patches, hanging skeletons you could make ratty clothes for, groups of figures, including one of a sinking ship with just the bow showing above water, while the crew hang from the rigging, or float in the water around it - including shark fins circling. There are small groups of figures with treasure chests, or reading a treasure map.

If you like fun stickers, they have tons of those in the regular sticker section, but look for pirate things in almost every place in the store. Yeah, some of the stuff is too kiddy or cheesy, and I didn't buy any of that (actually, I just came home with a ton of stickers, and a string of hanging skeletons), but the rest is really fun.

Anyway, just a heads up, if you want to check it out. I thought some of the items would make nice gifts for your pirate bretheren at Christmas, especially if we do the Pyrate Secret Santa gift exchange again this year (I hope we do, that was really fun).

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Thank you ransom.

That is the theme of this year's halloween.

I want small foot-high skeletons that I can make stand up and dance by themselves using thin steel guitar strings. I am in search of a blank styrofoam (no face) head that is used for store displays. I am going to do a videotronic projection of a face onto it by borrowing the powerpoint projector from work.

As they say "No secrets/no magic" but you guys all understand.

SHIP2-1.jpg

Yup, I raided Michaels a couple of weeks ago on their pirate stickers (several types to choose from-just look in all the sticker sections of the store) and several other goodies.

Sadly though I don't think I'll be putting up my Halloween decor anymore, physically it's become an impossiblity, so I'll probably donate my decor to one of the local thrift stores.

Oh thank you Ransom! What a great idea. I have a nephew who would really enjoy stuff like this!

Also, with Halloween around the corner, I have a group of friends that love to get together every year to party! Some of this stuff would make a very cool party/Halloween gift!

Cheeky

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"