Travel info and advise

Rats

Haven't flown much lately and I'm wondering exactly how much room is one passenger allowed. I remember bringing two dufflebags when in the Army

But what about a box, a good sized basket or a barrel??? Can you see where I'm going with this?

After all, why have a suitcase if it's not PC and functional!!! But do they consider the weight or the size

I'm thinking about a tarp or two and a couple changes of clothes and my boomers and blades (if they're not sent already!!) Everything else will be worn.

Just wondering...

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Your best bet is to check with the Airlines, they will list weight and size restrictions.

Also check with the TSA page about flying with weapons.... they have all the rules listed.

This year when I fly, I'll have a seabag with my shelter and extra garb, a locked case for weapons (they have to be checked in, obvously you can't carry them) and a small carry on bag with my concertina and other small stuff.....

• 4 weeks later...

That's about it for me also!!

Wonder about tent poles for my Wedge???

Which airline are folks going through???

What Price are you paying?

Who all is leaving from Chicago???

I'm thinking about flying right to KeyWest... Less hassle??

sig2.jpg

OK folks...

Just for the record, I found a flight through Delta for about $350.00.

SP in Milwaukee at 3pm on Wed the 28th with a change over in Georgia, then landing in Keywest at approximately 9pm.

Then SP Keywest on Monday at about 3pm, another stop in Georgia and back to Brewtown by 8pm

Seems it's cheaper to fly from Milwaukee than Chicago???

I'm told the Fort is about a mile and a half away?? I could hoof that easily!

sig2.jpg

We are waiting on Yak to confirm ~ he will most likely be leaving O'Hare Thursday 29 direct to KW, returning Sunday ~

Mark and I (flying from O'Hare) ~ will be at the Fort Thursday through Sunday/Monday, with a few days on either side for relaxing/mini vacation.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

I'm told the Fort is about a mile and a half away?? I could hoof that easily!

Or take the bus.....

I'll have to look up the schedule again..... I think it's the red bus....only $1.00, and you get off at the Green Parrot (I think).... then walk the rest of the way to the Fort.....

oi.. got me a flight into keywest Thursday arivin about noonish...leavin out tuesday about 3ish

will be flyin with a blackpowder gun case(airline approved) fro cabelas (63"double rifle to hold em all...the fishtail plus blunder plus a pistol or two)...and an extra large dufffle (scuba bag)...with clothes swords and canvas,& b;ankets...plan on findin a stick somewhere for a ridge or a rope line 'tween some trees.....

whoo hoo...gittin excited now....

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

thinkin 'b out just me fly of my wall tent...use that as a tarp staked to the ground eh'?....then just a stout stick or two to keep and end up...or a little rope work....an viola!!!!!.....a big mess on the ground...most likely me hammocks a commin too...try ta keep way from the red ants...tho i heard they are not half as bad as the deadly chartruse ants.... :blink:

just tyhought the fly was lighter and easier packed then the wedgie/lean to....

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

thinkin 'b out just me fly of my wall tent...use that as a tarp staked to the ground eh'?....then just a stout stick or two to keep and end up...or a little rope work....an viola!!!!!.....a big mess on the ground...

:lol::lol:;);) ROTDLMBAO... aye yer a marine all right. ;):P

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Here we go again! knife! :ph34r::P

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/