Favorite Pirate/Nautical Painting

Gsc

Personally I have a copy of Craig Long's "Wreck of the Whydah" on my desktop, and another on my wall.

whydah-web.jpg

Oh, and it's also on this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pirates-West-Count...84873051&sr=1-9

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

My favorite one is this one by Howard Pyle. I know Pyle may not have painted completely historically accurate scenes or costumes, but he definitely captured the spirit, or flavor of the pirates. He will always be my favorite pirate artist. I also like Don Troiani, Don Maitz, and Rick Reeves, as far as pirate artists go, but Howard Pyle will always be my favorite. His work has that "nostalgic" look to it.

c_kidd_4x.jpg

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Got many favourites.... here be two....

MorgansRum.jpg

DonDuck.jpg

Morgan's Rum and Walt Disney...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• 4 weeks later...

castawayl.jpg

I enjoy alot of David Delmare's art work. It is often very poinent for me.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

curiousl.jpg

Here is another of one of my favorites'

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.